Forest Road Park – Union County Parks & Playgrounds
3 Reasons my Family Loves Forest Road Park
- The skate park! We were eagerly waiting for its opening and it didn’t disappoint. When we visited in the early evening it was crowded with older kids but my 6 year old son got right in there on his scooter and wasn’t excluded. The skate park is fenced and in new condition. Rules do apply (photo can be seen in our Facebook album below) but all ages are welcome.
- Some of the playground features may seem outdated and sadly there weren’t a lot of swings BUT, my children spent more time playing with the sand box than I expected! There were plenty of children there to play with. After some running and climbing on the two playground structures, there was time for digging. Even better that there are some permanent diggers there!
- If you’re just looking to take a walk, the path surrounding the park is shaded and peaceful. The park is accessible from local roads so you can wander through neighborhoods to get there, or use the ample parking lot at the Forest Road entrance.
What Forest Road Park offers
- Basketball courts
- 2 Multi use fields
- Picnic tables
- Restrooms inside building
- Water fountain
- Dedicated parking lot
- 2 Playground climbing structures
- Bike rack
- Skate Park
- Walking/biking trail
Forest Road Park is located at the end of Forest Road, Fanwood, Union County.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.
See more Forest Road Park photos in our Facebook Gallery, here’s a preview.