Hershey Park is one of my family’s favorite summer destinations. We spend two days there every June. It’s one of our favorite activities all summer because there is so much for us to do! Hershey Park is great in the rain or sun. Warm or a bit chilly. You can find rides and activities for kids age new to 90. There are shows, rides, water parks, zoos, and of course…CHOCOLATE!
Hershey is also very affordable if you purchase your tickets early. Jersey Family Fun is sponsoring a group (don’t worry we can go at different times) but you still get an awesome discount if you purchase tickets in our group before April 1st! You can read about how to purchase tickets here.
Here are my family’s top five reasons to visit Hershey Park this summer:
#1- Rides for every age – and LOTS of them!
- I don’t know too many other theme parks where there is an abundance of rides for everyone. There are very few places where a two year old and a 14 year old happy are thrilled with the ride selection.
- It is HERSHEY after all. The free tour of Chocolate world is a lot of fun. There are also great experiences that your kids can be a part of. Kids can make their own (and very large) personalized Hershey bar in the factory and learn about how chocolate bars are made. There is a lot to do in Chocolate World which is adjacent to the theme park!
#3 Wow what a water park!
- Again – there is something for everyone – from teeny toddler splashing in ankle deep water to ferocious water slides and tide pools. They also make the water park user friendly! Chairs are everywhere to leave things, there are loads of life vests and many places to change or shower.
#4 Wait, there is a zoo too?
- Yes there is a zoo. The Hershey Park zoo features a lot of exhibits of native animals to the area. It has pleasurable paths to walk along in the shade that allow for some down time from the thrill rides. The zoo is connected to Hershey Park and is included in the admission price.
#5 It’s affordable!
- If you purchase tickets early (see above for our group rate discount) you can really save nearly 50% off the admission price. You can go for two days for the price of what it would normally cost for one.
Click over to see the rest of our Family Travel to Hersheypark series.
To arrange a feature on your location contact Jennifer Auer, Jersey Family Fun publisher.