This post was sponsored by Harlem Globetrotters and Sun National Bank Center who provided us with tickets to the show. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about New Jersey events we think your family may enjoy.
Our First Harlem Globetrotters Experience
If your looking for some quality family time a Harlem Globetrotters game is a must. My family was so excited! I had never attended a Harlem Globetrotter game before, so I was not sure what to expect. The kids were most excited about the cotton candy until the show began. They couldn’t keep their eyes off the court and loved everything about the game. You don’t have to be a basketball fan to be amused by the Globetrotter’s basketball tricks, comedy and dancing.
What we loved about the Harlem Globetrotters show
- The Harlem Globetrotters put on an amazing show! We loved the fabulous comedy and great basketball tricks. It was great seeing so many monstrous dunks and 4-pointers.
- The mascot, Globie did a great job entertaining the crowd. He played musical chairs with a group of kids, danced and rode on a tricycle. My son and his friend thought he was hysterical.
- We love Big Easy, one of the Harlem Globetrotter players. He argues with the refs and other opponents. He also chases other players with a bucket of water. Big Easy is a world record holder for the farthest hook shot in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- The audience interaction is so funny. The Globetrotters often grab people out of the crowd for some laughs. They really seem to appreciate their fans.
- My favorite part of the show is when they did the instant replay in slow motion. I was laughing so hard a long with the entire crowd.
Harlem Globetrotters Slow Motion Instant Replay Video
What can your family expect to see at a Harlem Globetrotters Game?
- Amazing basketball skills and hilarious comedy that will entertain everyone. Watch for the amazing dunks and 4-pointers.
- The crazy mascot dancing and getting the crowd hyped.
- The players often stage random dancing throughout the game.
- Expect to see several players get pantsed during the game.
- Large crowd participation with chanting and dancing!
- Autographs and photos with the mascot and players are available at the end of the game.
The Harlem Globetrotters know how to entertain and keep the crowd on their feet. They donate their time conducting basketball clinics for at risk children through United Way and other worthy charities. My family and I are super excited to make this a new family tradition every time they come to town. The Harlem Globetrotters are sure to create some great family memories.
To see more Globetrotters game pictures check out our Facebook album. For more information on upcoming shows for the Harlem Globretrotters please click here. Click over here to read more about Jersey Family Fun’s experiences at other Globetrotters’ games.