This past Sunday my family and I went and climbed another lighthouse! Despite the drizzling the day was a perfect day for a climb! The people at the lighthouse were extremely friendly and when they saw the children, the staff ran out and gave them stickers of the lighthouse.
Some fun facts about Finns Point Lighthouse:
- There are 119 steps up, plus an additional 11 ladder steps up to the lantern room.
- It reopened to the public to climb in 2012 just in time for the 2012 Lighthouse Challenge.
- It’s a skeleton lighthouse and designed just like Tinicum Rear Range Lighthouse.
- The light was extinguished for good in 1950.
- The Lighthouse is part of the Supawna Meadows National Wildlife Refuge.
Tips for enjoying the Finns Point Lighthouse:
- For people coming a long way there is a bathroom in the Wildlife Refuge.
- Finns Point Lighthouse is right down the road from Fort Mott State Park.
- Bring your lunch and have a picnic and make a family day out of Finns Point and Fort Mott!
Finns Point Lighthouse Hours:
From April to October the Lighthouse is open to climb the third Sunday every month from 12 to 4pm
Finns Point Lighthouse is located at
197 Lighthouse Ave., Pennsville NJ 08070
Finns Point Lighthouse Admission/Fees:
Admission is free and there is no fee to climb but a donation is welcomed.
Read more from our series on New Jersey Lighthouses.