It’s inevitable isn’t it? That even if you feed your children, before heading out on a trip, it won’t be long before someone begins whining, “I’m hungry.”
We know, we’ve been there. With three growing boys, this Jersey Family Fun mom is not about to spend all our spending money on over-priced snacks. Instead, we bring our own.
Here’s our list of the best field-trip, road-trip snacks. We’ve kept in mind the following, snacks that are:
- easy to divide into kid-size portions
- minimally messy
- somewhat healthy
- have minimal waste
with that in mind
Jersey Family Fun’s Best
Field Trip Snack Ideas
- Soft pretzels
- Goldfish or Bite-size crackers
- grapes – if you remove them from the stem ahead of time, there will be nothing left behind to clean up.
- berries – same idea as above.
- Vegetables – some vegetables travel well when cut into bite size sticks
- Refillable water bottles – plenty of attractions and rest stops have water fountains. Even if you fill it first with juice, you can refill it along the way with water and cut down on expenses and your child’s sugar intake.
- Dried fruit
- Home made cookies
- Granola bars (store bought or homemade)
- String cheese
- Drinkable yogurt
- Juice boxes
Readers and Bloggers, have a recipe that makes a great snack for road trips, please share it for this week’s link up.