In full disclosure, this blog post about Farmly, a new Sea Girl restaurant is sponsored by Farmly.
Healthy, filling and tasty food awaits at Farmly
Summer vacation is here and like all other summers, the kids and I have had THE TALK. The talk about keeping rooms clean, limiting screen time, being active and eating healthy. On the first day of summer vacation we balanced baking sweets with making smoothies, beach lounging with some family yoga. It seemed like the perfect night to take a break from the kitchen and head to Farmly, a new Sea Girl restaurant for a nutritious dinner. Starting off the summer on the right foot!
Farmly is a neighborhood kitchen – think fast casual but don’t think fast food. With offerings ranging from mac and cheese to ratatouille, from a butternut squash sandwich to slow roasted meats, the concept is farm to table with a focus on hearty. We were treated to a sneak preview of the Farmly restaurant in May which left us wanting more, but also left me thinking about what we serve to our kids. Have you ever stood in the grocery store and thought about how much produce is available and how little you prepare and serve? Farmly’s menu combines fresh, nourishing and flavorful ingredients that are ethically raised and thoughtfully created. Every item feels like what you SHOULD be eating. Here’s what they offer:
Farmly Menu Items
- Simple Salad
- Market Greens & Toasted Farro
- Kale Salad
- Carrot Chicory Salad
- Bone Broth
- Chicken Noodle
- Daily Special
- Roasted Pork
- Roast Beef
- Classic Chicken Salad
- Butternut Squash
- Organic Rotisserie Chicken
- Herb Roasted Pulled Pork
- Grass Fed Roast Beef
- Seasonal Vegetarian Option
- Rice Pilaf
- Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes
- White Cheddar Mac & Cheese
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Carrots
- Corn & Quinoa
- Gigante Bean & Broccoli Rabe
- Cucumber Salad
- Daily Market Special
- Kids Meal, includes 1 Rotisserie item, 1 side and a juice box or organic milk
- Personal Meal, includes 1 Rotisserie item and 2 sides
There are vegetarian and gluten free options. Find more about Farmly’s menu here.
Our Farmly Meal
All the food is on display for you at Farmly but don’t expect that to make your decision easier. When you enter the welcoming space, you can browse the selections and/or the menu before ordering. Farmly also offers call ahead and internet ordering if you’re in a rush. Learn more at their website. We chose to eat in (there’s plenty of seating in the restaurant) but grabbing some sandwiches and sides to go for your beach visit would be a great idea as Farmly is 3 miles or less from family friendly Manasquan, Sea Girt of Spring Lake!
The Farmly kids meal is a great option for little or big kids. For just $8 they can choose one rotisserie and a side, and there’s really something for everyone. My picky kids each chose chicken – as much as I wanted to have them expand their palates the chicken looked so good we let them go with it! Their sides were the mac & cheese and mashed potatoes and my son just had to get the cornbread that he couldn’t forget from our preview. They did a great job cleaning their plates and I felt great that they had a meal that filled them up.
The parents were a little more daring with our options, but nothing is too over the top at Farmly. We loved the ratatouille and corn & quinoa from the preview night and couldn’t wait for more. Once we made sure those items were ordered, we added on carrots (made with brown butter and sherry vinegar – yum) and roasted cauliflower, and chose the roast beef and pulled pork for our meats. The food at Farmly is fresh and fast – you won’t have a long wait for your meal, so no restless kids. We also cleaned our plates, much to my husband’s dismay as he was hoping for leftovers for lunch at work (no worries, he ordered some extra sides).
We left Farmly feeling good about our choices – and full! If you live in or visit southern Monmouth County you’re definitely going to want to try Farmly for a relaxed, wholesome and authentic lunch or dinner.
See more photos from our Farmly visit in our Facebook Album
Farmly is located in Sea Girt Square, 2100 Route 35 North, Sea Girt. (732) 359-6936. Hours are 11:30 AM – 8:30 PM. Learn more about this new Sea Girt restaurant at their website.
Ready to win a family meal for 5 at Farmly?
Some things to consider before you enter:
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants can earn a free entry by checking the first free entry box.
- You may earn an additional entry by leaving one comment on the Jersey Family Fun giveaway/contest blog post, that answers the question being asked during the timeframe of the contest. Comments that do not answer the question, while appreciated, will not be valid or count as meeting the requirement. Comments left after the giveaway/contest has closed will not be valid toward the contest.
- Contact information is a requirement for entry: name and a valid email address is required. Other non-personal information may be required/requested for entry. This information will not be shared with the giveaway sponsor unless it is stated in the contest/giveaway blog post itself.
- Our giveaways/contests are by no means sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or any other social media platform. You may use them to earn additional entries, but you are not required to use them to enter. None of these social media channels are responsible if you don’t win.
- No purchase is ever necessary to win a Jersey Family Fun prize in an online contest.
- Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
- We will pick 1 winner. The winner will get a meal for 2 adults and 3 children crafted by Chef James Avery at Farmly in Sea Girt. Eat in only. Winner agrees to provide contact and shipping information to Jersey Family Fun and/or the giveaway sponsor, including full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- One winner per household of any prize within a 30-day period.
- The winners’ name will be provided to Farmly and a date and time to dine will be agreed upon.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select a winner. View our how to use Rafflecopter video here.
- Unless otherwise stated, giveaways and contests are only available to residents in the United States.
- Unless stated otherwise ticket and giftcard prizes are only valid in New Jersey and for specific dates/performances. Void where prohibited by law.
- You have until July 4 at midnight to enter. The winner will be announced July 5, 2018.
- Please claim your prize by emailing us back your name and mailing address to Melanie within 24 hours. All prizes not claimed will either remain with the company sponsor or Jersey Family Fun to be used at a later date.