Kalahari Resort and Waterpark provided us with one night of accommodations and admissions to the waterpark as part of a press event about the Kalahari Resort Poconos expansion. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about planning a family vacation to Kalahari Resorts. To have your resort featured on Jersey Family Fun, please contact email@example.com.
There are some EPIC activities going on behind the scenes at Kalahari Resorts in the Poconos!
What’s going on NOW is going to make your next family vacation to Kalahari Resorts even more AMAZING than before!
Normally, it’s Jersey Family Fun mom, Melanie that has the inside scoop on the Kalahari Resorts, the Pocono’s best indoor waterpark. However, when she wasn’t able to visit to see how Kalahari Resorts is expanding to become the country’s BIGGEST indoor waterpark with 220,000 square feet of attractions, I gladly jumped at the chance. After all the drive from the Jersey Shore was just about 3 hours and my boys had not yet had a family vacation to Kalahari Resorts. WELL, after our 1.5 hour hard hat tour of the new attractions coming to the Kalahari Resort, I knew this was a blog post that had to be written right away. This expansion phase of the Kalahari Resorts has so much for families to be excited about.
20 Ways Your Family Vacation to Kalahari Resorts is Going to Get BETTER
3 New Kalahari Resorts Restaurants & Dining Options
Let’s start with the food at Kalahari’s, because we all know you can not take a family vacation to Kalahari Resorts and not think about food. Kids are always hungry! Kids that have been playing in the water all day… well they are especially hungry. Take a look at the new restaurants coming to Kalahari Resorts in the Poconos.
Double Cut Charcoal Grill
Double Cut Charcoal Grill will become Kalahari Resort’s signature steak house featuring prime cuts of meat, cocktails for the adults, and family style meals for the kids. We had the opportunity to sample some steak on a stick with a special dipping sauce and oh my goodness. It was YUMMY!
Sortino’s Italian Kitchen
Sortino’s Italian Kitchen will join the Kalahari Resort restaurants as an Italian restaurant offering wood-fired pizza and classic Italian dishes. Both of my boys gave Sortino’s meatballs and sausage a thumbs up.
The Marrakesh Market
The Marrakesh Market will have the look of an authentic African market with grab and go food and items. Expect to find unique items in each hub of this market situated not far from the Kalahari Resort front desk.
2 New Kalahari Resorts Hotel Room Options for Large Families
When you are planning a family vacation to Kalahari Resorts, you want to know that Kalahari Resorts has hotel rooms large enough to make your family comfortable. They do. Whether you are a family like mine with 3 kids or are gathering several families together for a family reunion, Kalahari Resorts can accommodate your family. My family stayed in an African Queen Suite (we’ll be telling your more about that.) Kalahari’s additional 520 hotel rooms will include these two new room options for larger families.
- Three Bedroom Pride Suites: 1 king bed room with master bath, 2 separate bedrooms with 2 queen beds each, full sized sofa sleeper, and a fireplace.
- Big Five Suites: 1 king bed room with master bath, 4 separate bedrooms with 2 queen beds each, full sized sofa sleeper, a fireplace, and a large balcony with seating.
13 New Kalahari Resorts Indoor Waterpark Attractions
Do you know what’s great about having so many indoor waterparks in the Poconos? They all want to keep getting better. The desire to get better and be the biggest indoor waterpark, has inspired Kalahari to go epic with their expansion. Here’s what you can expect to see at Kalahari Resorts when the expansion is done in March 2017.
- 8 New Waterslides
- Screaming Hyena ~ This waterslide just might have you screaming like a hyena as a trap door start drops you in a near vertical plunge at up to 25 miles per hour.
- Sahara Sidewinder ~ This indoor lopping waterslide takes riders on a 250 foot plus journey before splashing into a pool of water.
- The Smoke That Thunders & Victoria Falls ~ Inspired by the natural wonder in Africa for which it’s named for, prepare for an unforgettable waterslide experience.
- Kenya’s Korkscrew
- Zig Zag Zebra
- Cheetah Race Mat Slide ~ Grab a mat and challenge your kids to see who can make it to the bottom first.
- Elephant’s Trunk
- Dungeons of Hout Bay Wavepool
- The Lazy River will get LONGER.
- Coral Cove Kids’ Play Area
- Paxton Grotto, a 21 and older swim up bar… Now before you say that’s not for the kids, consider this. Some families, especially those doing a family reunion, will appreciate a place where the 20-somethings can get away from the kids for a bit.
- Cabana Island, offers guests an area to call their own while enjoying the waterpark. Bonus for the parents not on watch duty, there are 48′ flat screen tvs in the cabanas.
2 New Kalahari Resorts Family Activities
The fun you can expect to have on your next family vacation to Kalahari Resorts, won’t be limited to just the waterpark. Steps away from the Kalahari Waterpark will be two additional gaming areas for kids.
- The arcade will expand with more gaming options.
- Virtual Reality will come to the Kalahari Resorts. The Arena will be a massive indoor virtual reality playroom for gamers located near the arcade.
Isn’t this exciting? Can you see why I just had to share?
Check out more of our pictures from Kalahari Resorts in our Facebook album, with a brief preview below.
Now tell us, when are you planning your next family vacation to Kalahari Resorts?
Every time we visit Kalahari we have fun! Read about all our visits to Kalahari Resorts with Kids. To make your reservation for Kalahari Resorts in the Poconos, click over to their site at www.kalahariresorts.com/pennsylvania.
To arrange a feature on your location, contact Jennifer Auer at firstname.lastname@example.org.