SMURFS The Lost Village starts in theaters Friday, April 7, 2017!
Are you excited? Are the kids?
Family movie nights are one of our favorite family activities. In honor of the opening of SMURFS The Lost Village we’ve put together some tips for you about how to have a great family movie night watching SMURFS The Lost Village. Some of our tips might be obvious but others will be new to you. For example, did you know there is an offer where you can save $5 off your Smurfs movie ticket? Keep reading.
We couldn’t have put together these tips for a Smurfs family movie night without the help from our friends at Allied Integrated Marketing. Our thanks to them for sending a box of Smurf fun. You can watch our unboxing video from a recent Facebook Live video below. We’re also including Amazon links, where possible, to help you find these and other Smurf gifts for your own kids.
About SMURFS The Lost Village
In this fully animated, all-new take on the Smurfs, a mysterious map sets Smurfette and her best friends Brainy, Clumsy and Hefty on an exciting and thrilling race through the Forbidden Forest filled with magical creatures to find a mysterious lost village before the evil wizard Gargamel does. Embarking on a rollercoaster journey full of action and danger, the Smurfs are on a course that leads to the discovery of the biggest secret in Smurf history! You can view the SMURFS The Lost Village trailer on YouTube and below.
Tips to Have a Great Family Movie Night Watching SMURFS The Lost Village
- Purchase Entenmann’s Little Bites Smurf Blueberry Muffins. Why? Well not only are they a great snack on the way to the movies to see the SMURFS The Lost Village, BUT there is also a current offer where you can get your Smurf movie tickets at a discount. When you purchase TWO five-count, ONE ten-count, or ONE twenty-count specially marked Little Bites Smurf Blueberry Muffins, you can take advantage of the offer on the boxes to save $5 off a movie ticket to see the SMURFS The Lost Village.
- Order your SMURFS The Lost Village movie tickets online using this Fandango link. You’ll save time and be able to go right to your seats. No waiting in line with kids. Buy tickets to Smurfs: The Lost Village and get a FREE download of “I’m A Lady” by Meghan Trainor.
- Pack some SMURFS The Lost Village movie printables and a pack of crayons or pencils. The printables will help kids keep busy while they wait for the Smurfs movie to start. We have a Smurf coloring page and an activity sheet for you in this blog post. The Little Bites Smurf Blueberry Muffins boxes also have a coloring scene on the inside of the box. Open those boxes carefully so you don’t accidentally tear the picture. You can find more SMURFS The Lost Village coloring sheets activity pages at www.smurfsmovie.com. You can also order a Smurfs coloring book through this Amazon link.
- Find the Smurfs on the way to see SMURFS The Lost Village. We love this book, Smurfs 3 Look and Find: The Lost Village that we were sent. With 8 extra-busy scenes and challenges at the end of the book, it’s a fun way to keep the kids busy in the car on the way to the movies and the way back home. You can buy your copy of Smurfs 3 Look and Find: The Lost Village on Amazon with this link. The best part… if you’re an Amazon Prime member you can get the book super quick.
- Fuel up on the way back home. Make dinner time easy and extra fun. Stop by your local McDonald’s for Smurf Happy Meals. We love these little Smurf village houses we were sent. Your kids can get them in their Happy Meals too. Each house has a removable lid. On the inside, are two Smurf figures and a removable scene for the Smurf home. One side can be colored while the other side has already been printed. With a plan of having Smurf Little Bites on the way to the movie and Smurf Happy Meals on the way home, you can avoid buying expensive movie theater concessions.
- Test your Smurf knowledge with Smurf trivia. Keep the fun going in the days after you watch the SMURFS The Lost Village. Ask each other questions about the movie. Test what each family remembers. Those Little Bites Smurf muffins can help. Each box has a few Smurf trivia questions on them.
Hefty (Joe Manganiello), Brainy (Danny Pudi), Clumsy (Jack McBrayer) and Smurfette (Demi Lovato) use Snappy to take a selfie in Columbia Pictures and Sony Pictures Animation’s SMURFS: THE LOST VILLAGE.
- Make a Smurf-inspired dessert. Our box of Smurf fun included Smurfs recipe cards for Smurfberry Pie, Strawberry Cake, Smurfs Marshroom Houses, and Frozen Yogurt Popsicles. Make these during the day, while the kids are busy with school or sports, before you see the SMURFS The Lost Village or make them together as a family to close out your family movie night. We’re including images of the Smurfs recipe cards below. You can click on any image to see it larger in a new tab. However, I did get an extra set of the recipe cards in my box. The first person who comments below with their tip for a great family movie night wins them.
What tips do you have to have a great family movie night watching SMURFS The Lost Village?
We’d love to hear them in the comments below.
Need help selecting family-friendly movies? Visit Jersey Family Fun’s Family Movie Reviews series. Want to plan a fun family movie night? Visit our Family Movie Night series.
Please note Jersey Family Fun does participate in affiliate programs. If you use our link to purchase products, a small commission does go to Jersey Family Fun to support our free services to readers, but this does not affect your price.