Norz Hill Farm
Norz Hill Farm is our favorite farm to visit in the fall. During the weekends of September and October they have their Fall Festival which is always a good time. They have hayrides, a pumpkin patch, a corn maze, apples, fresh produce, homemade jellies and fall crafts to purchase! The hayride out to the field is always as much fun as the picking of the pumpkins. I have to say, nothing feels more like the fall season than walking through a pumpkin patch and finding the perfect pumpkin! Afterwards you can stop inside their farm market to buy fresh produce and other assorted baked goodies.
Norz Hill Farm has plenty to offer during their Fall Festival:
- Animal Farm
- Zonkey (yes a Zonkey – go see it for yourself!)
- Corn maze
- Pumpkin picking
- Pony rides
- Hay rides
- Food stand
- Outside seating area under a tent by the food stand
- Don’t forget your camera, throughout the farm they have a lot of stand up cut outs for photo opportunities./li>
- Child-height sinks with soap and paper towels for hand washing. My son seems to think they are more for playing than washing!
After dark the Norz Hill Farm turns into a Scare Farm. Unfortunately, I’m a scaredy cat mom so I haven’t been able to experience this feature of the farm. Although I have heard the screams when driving past on a cool (spooky) fall night.
- Slay Ride – ride the haunted hay ride after dark under the cold harvest moon
- Paranoia – explore the deepest and darkest fears through the corn field that is planted on the scared burial grounds
- Creepy Hollow – walk the fields at night where it has been said that the scarecrows are there for more than just scaring crows away
You can also visit Norz Hill Farm during the year to buy fresh produce, eggs and meat. Visit their website to see the other activities going on during the year. http://www.norzhillfarm.com
Norz Hill Farm is located at 116 South Branch Rd in Hillsborough in Somerset County.