New Jersey is a great place to take in some FREE or low-cost family activities.
We love sharing with families fun things to do in NJ especially when it comes to events in New Jersey. If you are looking for things to do in New Jersey today or in the days ahead, just take a look at our Calendar of New Jersey events.
Click on any New Jersey event listing below for more information on local events that we think your family will enjoy. Our New Jersey Calendar of Events also includes things to do this weekend by including weekend events in New Jersey.
Events are sometimes cancelled or postponed, before heading out please double check with the event organizer for current times and additional information. We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers. Events are posted on Jersey Family Fun with information from various sources; as well as submissions from local businesses. Please note all events are subject to change without notice. Jersey Family Fun is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to calendar event listings.
Don’t you want families to know about your events in NJ? For information on having your event listed and advertised on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of New Jersey Events, please visit our event submission directions.
Want a listing of this week’s events and this weekend’s events delivered to your mailbox each week? Visit HERE to sign up for our Jersey Family Fun Events newsletter.
- This event has passed.
Toddler Story Time at Livingston Library
February 6 @ 10:15 am - 10:35 am
An event every week that begins at 10:15am on Wednesday, repeating until February 13, 2019
• Tiny Toddlers runs for approximately 20 minutes. Please arrive on time so that you will be able to participate in all of the activities. Late arrivals can disturb the program already in progress and may be disconcerting to your child.
• Parent/Caregiver participation is essential to story time success! Please join in the activities to encourage children to participate and show that story time is fun for everyone.
• Please focus your attention on the stories and songs. Maximize your story time experience by putting your cell phones on vibrate and saving adult conversations until after story time.
• If your child is crying loudly, distracting the group, or losing control in another sense, please feel free to step out and “regroup.” Do not feel discouraged if your child does not wish to stay or seems not to be interested.
• Please leave your stroller outside the story time room.
• Please do not bring food to story time. To avoid distractions and potential airborne allergens to other children, please feed your child at another time.
At this age every child is unique in their attention span. A child who will sit with you for hours at home reading books may become distracted at story times by other children and new surroundings. Don’t worry.
Siblings are welcome in story time, but remember that story time activities are designed for you and your child to share together.
Bring your child to the library several times. Children who visit in advance tend to be less apprehensive and more attentive.