Calendar of New Jersey Events for Kids, Teens, & Families
New Jersey is a great place to take in some FREE or low-cost family activities.
We love sharing with families fun things to do in NJ especially when it comes to events in New Jersey. If you are looking for things to do in New Jersey today or in the days ahead, just take a look at our Calendar of New Jersey events.
Click on any New Jersey event listing below for more information on local events that we think your family will enjoy. Our New Jersey Calendar of Events also includes things to do this weekend by including weekend events in New Jersey.
Events are sometimes canceled or postponed, before heading out please double check with the event organizer for current times and additional information. We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers.
Events are posted on Jersey Family Fun with information from various sources; as well as submissions from local businesses. Please note all events are subject to change without notice. Jersey Family Fun is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to calendar event listings.
For more specific information on any event please contact the event organizer directly. Jersey Family Fun does not put on these events, we only help with the promotion of them.
Don't you want families to know about your events in NJ? For information on having your event listed and advertised on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of New Jersey Events, please visit our event submission directions.
Want a listing of this weekend's events delivered to your mailbox each week? Visit our newsletter sign up form to sign up for our Jersey Family Fun Events newsletter.
View your County's Calendar of Events
View your county's specific calendar of events by clicking one of the shortcut links below.
Atlantic County Events Bergen County Events Burlington County Events
Camden County Events Cape May County Events Cumberland County Events
Essex County Events Gloucester County Events Hudson County Events
Hunterdon County Events Ocean County Events Passaic County Events
Mercer County Events Middlesex County Events Monmouth County Events
- This event has passed.
Railroad Festival in Philipsburg 2022
There is a festival happening in Philipsburg, New Jersey.
- As of September 4, 2022, these are the details that have been released about this event.
Phillipsburg Railroad Festival
The first-ever Phillipsburg N.J. Railroad Festival, celebrating 170 years of railroad!
The first railroad to arrive in Phillipsburg was the Central Railroad of New Jersey (CNJ), which opened on July 2, 1852. Phillipsburg was once a major transportation hub, home to five major railroads with round houses and turntables as well as the Morris Canal.
When is this festival?
September 10, 2022 @ 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
When is the raindate?
No rain date information has been provided.
Is this a one day only festival? Does this event repeat?
This festival does not repeat.
Is the event indoors or outdoors?Outdoor
Is registration required?No
What is there to do at this festival in Philipsburg?
The Railroad Festival will have the following activities:
- Food vendors
- Train vendors and exhibitors
- Craft vendors
Railroad Festival Schedule
Here’s a look at the areas and schedule for Railroad Festival:
- The festival, which will have three walkable areas, kicks off at 11 a.m. in Area 1, Shappell Park and the surrounding area, with food, crafts, vendors, exhibits and live music performed by Zaire. The mayors of Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, along with other officials from both states, will recognize the non-profit groups along the railroad, followed by a ribbon cutting celebrating 170 years of the rails coming to Phillipsburg. Also nearby will be the Centerville and Southwestern Railroad (a.k.a. the Becker Farm Railroad), a miniature free train ride operated by the Phillipsburg Railroad Historians, and vintage buses on display from the Friends of the NJ Transportation Heritage Center. The National Museum of Industrial History (NMIH) in Bethlehem, PA is bringing TUG, the Museum’s former Bethlehem Steel rubber-tired rail car mover to the Phillipsburg Railroad Festival. The park will also feature various train exhibitors and train vendors.
- Area 2 is Phillipsburg Union Station, the former train station built in 1914. Currently under restoration, the station’s first floor will be open for tours with a photo exhibit of historic photos of the early days of the Phillipsburg Railroad and Central Railroad of New Jersey (CNJ). The station also will exhibit various antique railroad signs and artifacts. A short walk away is the Phillipsburg Union Tower. The former CNJ railroad switch tower in Phillipsburg has been undergoing a full restoration since 2007 with plans to be open for tours.
- Area 3 is the location of Delaware River Railroad Excursions, where you can book a trip on The River Train, The Ol’ Susquehanna Mine Train, or The Warren County Winery Train, beautiful rides on historic railroad equipment including an operating steam locomotive.
What is the admission price?
This event is being organized and hosted by
Phillipsburg, N.J. Railroad Festival
Please contact them with any questions regarding this event. Jersey Family Fun is not directly involved with this event.
Where is this festival happening?
This festival is happening at
More about the Railroad Festival
Free Trolley service will also be available from the Northampton Bridge also known as the Free Bridge to the festival at Shappell Park and near parking areas on Howard Street.