New Jersey is a great place to take in some FREE or low-cost family activities.
We love sharing with families fun things to do in NJ especially when it comes to events in New Jersey. If you are looking for things to do in New Jersey today or in the days ahead, just take a look at our Calendar of New Jersey events.
Click on any New Jersey event listing below for more information on local events that we think your family will enjoy. Our New Jersey Calendar of Events also includes things to do this weekend by including weekend events in New Jersey.
Events are sometimes cancelled or postponed, before heading out please double check with the event organizer for current times and additional information. We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers.
Events are posted on Jersey Family Fun with information from various sources; as well as submissions from local businesses. Please note all events are subject to change without notice. Jersey Family Fun is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to calendar event listings.
For more specific information on any event please contact the event organizer directly. Jersey Family Fun does not put on these events, we only help with the promotion of them.
Don’t you want families to know about your events in NJ? For information on having your event listed and advertised on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of New Jersey Events, please visit our event submission directions.
Want a listing of this week’s events and this weekend’s events delivered to your mailbox each week? Visit HERE to sign up for our Jersey Family Fun Events newsletter.
- This event has passed.
Music Fest in Princeton
September 15, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 6:30 pmFree
Sunday, September 15 ~ 11:00am – 6:30pm
- The event will be held at Palmer Square.
Music Fest Activities
- Two stages with no shortage of your NJ artist favorites!
- Food and beverages provided by Palmer Square vendors!
- Retail offerings and activity tables!
- 11:00am: JB Rocks
- To start off our 2nd Annual Music Fest, JB Rocks will be serenading the streets with with some acoustic strolling tunes! JB Rocks is a duo out of NJ performing from Florida to Boston and covering a wide range of styles and artists featuring solid guitar work and rich vocals. These two guys deliver a ton of sound for a duo and cover artists such as: Prince, Simon & Garfunkel, Jason Mraz, Cage The Elephant, Pearl Jam, Show Tunes from Hamilton, Earth Wind and Fire, the Goo Goo Dolls, the Turtles, Carly Simon and much more! It’s Not Unusual (yes – they also cover Tom Jones!) for JB Rocks to have the crowd singing along. It’s all about good music and having fun!
- Main Stage ~
- 12pm – 1pm: Frank Sinatra Tribute with Jerry Pearce & Swingadeli – With a nod to our jazz roots, Swingadelic will be opening the show on the Main Stage playing Frank Sinatra’s greatest hits. Joining them on vocals is winner of Hoboken’s 2017 “Sinatra Idol” contest and lifelong resident of New Jersey, Jerry Pearce. May 20th 2019 marks the 21st Anniversary of the first gig for Swingadelic. Since 1998 they have performed over 1350 jobs including concerts, dances, weddings, casinos, private parties and corporate events. For the last seven years the band has been holding court every Monday night at Swing 46, a dinner/dance venue on NYC’s Restaurant Row, 46th Street between 8th and 9th Avenues.
- 2:15pm – 3:45pm: Best of New Jersey Mix with Some Assembly Required – Some Assembly Required, a local favorite, is made up of Matt Babice, Chay Jenkins, Taylor Reed, Frank Thewes, Mike DQ, Uncle Bill (Gramps). Catch them during their mid-day set featuring an eclectic mix of Jersey’s best including the Fugees, Spin Doctors, Blues Travelers, Fountains of Wayne, Whitney Houston and many more. SAR prides themselves on providing a unique “not your average cover band” experience, where you’ll never know what song is coming next, so don’t forget your dancing shoes!
- 5pm – 6:30pm: Bruce Springsteen Tribute with the B-Street Band – Our headliner, the B Street Band will be honoring “the Boss” on the main stage for our final performance of the night. Since 1980, they have played over 6,000 shows around the country and has shared the stage with several members of the E Street band. The B Street Band has played many national venues, opening for Bruce Springsteen concerts and even paying tribute to him at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame exhibit, “The Life and Music of Bruce Springsteen.” You won’t want to miss them as the main event!
- Side Stage ~
- 1:15pm – 2pm: Paul Simon Tribute with ALEO-music – ALEO is a collective of quality musicians, audio/video artists, designers, listeners, etc, who have settled in the Hoboken/Jersey City area to hone and express their craft, both as individuals and as a community. Let the sounds of Paul Simon wash over you during this afternoon set!
- 4pm – 4:45pm: Bon Jovi Tribute with Slippery When Wet – Raised on the same mean streets and reared in many of the same bars and nightclubs as Jon and the band, these experienced rockers bring the same energy, enthusiasm, and New Jersey attitude to the stage as the early Bon Jovi, circa 1986! This group of seasoned veterans will be rocking the house on the side stage singing JBJ’s biggest songs!
Admission fees for Music Fest
- FREE Admission!
More about Music Fest
PLEASE NOTE THAT PHOTOS WILL BE TAKEN DURING THIS EVENT AND USED WITHOUT COMPENSATION IN ANY AND ALL PRINT AND ELECTRONIC MEDIA, INCLUDING ONLINE, AND BY ATTENDING YOU RELEASE PALMER SQUARE MANAGEMENT LLC, ITS SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, RELATED ENTITIES AND LICENSEES FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER OF ANY NATURE.
For more information about this event, please visit the link listed here or the event organizer listed in the organizer area of this event listing. For information on advertising your events with Jersey Family Fun contact email@example.com.