New Jersey is a great place to take in some FREE or low-cost family activities.
We love sharing with families fun things to do in NJ especially when it comes to events in New Jersey. If you are looking for things to do in New Jersey today or in the days ahead, just take a look at our Calendar of New Jersey events.
Click on any New Jersey event listing below for more information on local events that we think your family will enjoy. Our New Jersey Calendar of Events also includes things to do this weekend by including weekend events in New Jersey.
Events are sometimes cancelled or postponed, before heading out please double check with the event organizer for current times and additional information. We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers.
Events are posted on Jersey Family Fun with information from various sources; as well as submissions from local businesses. Please note all events are subject to change without notice. Jersey Family Fun is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to calendar event listings.
For more specific information on any event please contact the event organizer directly. Jersey Family Fun does not put on these events, we only help with the promotion of them.
Don’t you want families to know about your events in NJ? For information on having your event listed and advertised on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of New Jersey Events, please visit our event submission directions.
Want a listing of this week’s events and this weekend’s events delivered to your mailbox each week? Visit HERE to sign up for our Jersey Family Fun Events newsletter.
- This event has passed.
Festival of Books in Morristown
October 12, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
Morristown Festival of Books
Saturday, October 12 ~ 10:00am – 5:00pm
- The Festival of Books is held rain or shine!
- The event will be held at at several beautiful locations in the heart of historic downtown Morristown, NJ. There are plenty of red-shirted volunteers to direct you once you arrive.
Festival of Books Activities
- KidsFest from 10:30am – 4:00pm
- kids can meet authors at The Presbyterian Church Parish House
- Author Talks
- Book Signings
- Book Sales
- For the full schedule of Author discussions, click here!
Admission fees for the Festival of Books
- FREE Admission!
More about the Festival of Books
Please note, the festival is not held on the Morristown Green.
Author sessions are typically held in these five venues, all within walking distance of the Festival center:
- Morristown & Morris Township Free Public Library: 1 Miller Road (main entrance on South Street)
- St. Peter’s Church Sanctuary: 121 South Street
- St. Peter’s Church Parish House: 121 South Street (directly behind the main church, entrance on Miller Road)
- Presbyterian Church Parish House: 65 South Street
- Church of the Redeemer: 36 South Street
The VIP Lounge for authors and donors is at 70 South Gallery, 70 South Street.
There are several public parking garages within easy walking distance of the Festival center (the Vail Mansion lawn) and five Festival venues. The DeHart Street Parking Garage offers 800 parking spaces and can be entered from either DeHart or Maple Streets. For directions and a comprehensive overview of parking options, click here. Handicapped accessible parking is available in several places around the Vail Mansion. Click here for map.
For more information about this event, please visit the link listed here or the event organizer listed in the organizer area of this event listing.