New Jersey is a great place to take in some FREE or low-cost family activities.
We love sharing with families fun things to do in NJ especially when it comes to events in New Jersey. If you are looking for things to do in New Jersey today or in the days ahead, just take a look at our Calendar of New Jersey events.
Click on any New Jersey event listing below for more information on local events that we think your family will enjoy. Our New Jersey Calendar of Events also includes things to do this weekend by including weekend events in New Jersey.
Events are sometimes cancelled or postponed, before heading out please double check with the event organizer for current times and additional information. We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers.
Events are posted on Jersey Family Fun with information from various sources; as well as submissions from local businesses. Please note all events are subject to change without notice. Jersey Family Fun is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to calendar event listings.
For more specific information on any event please contact the event organizer directly. Jersey Family Fun does not put on these events, we only help with the promotion of them.
Don’t you want families to know about your events in NJ? For information on having your event listed and advertised on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of New Jersey Events, please visit our event submission directions.
Want a listing of this week’s events and this weekend’s events delivered to your mailbox each week? Visit HERE to sign up for our Jersey Family Fun Events newsletter.
- This event has passed.
Medieval Times New Jersey DISCOUNT TICKETS
February 14 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:30 pm on Friday and Saturday, repeating until February 29, 2020
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until February 27, 2020
An event every week that begins at 4:30 pm on Sunday and Friday, repeating until February 29, 2020
One event on October 26, 2019 at 4:00 pm
One event on October 26, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on November 2, 2019 at 2:00 pm
One event on November 2, 2019 at 5:00 pm
One event on November 2, 2019 at 8:00 pm
Jersey Family Fun participates in affiliate programs. If you purchase tickets using one of our links we receive a small commission that then gets reinvested back into this site.
About Medieval Times New Jersey
Travel back to the Middle Ages with knights, horses, jousting, and swordplay while enjoying a “hands-on” four-course feast as the story of bravery and love unfolds before you in this unique entertainment experience.
The pageantry and thrills of an authentic medieval tournament come to life inside the walls of the King’s 11th century-style castle. Six armor-clad Knights on valiant horses seek the title of Champion amidst the clashing of lance and shield and heart-pounding combat.
The Royal Court invites you to join in a spectacle not seen since The Middle Ages. A four-course feast awaits as you watch the incredible Andalusian stallions perform feats of equine skill. The Knights of the Realm compete in thrilling games on horseback as the pageant unfolds and cheers of the King’s noble guests fill the arena. Skill and strength are measured in the combat. Discover which of the Knights shall become Champion.
Royal trumpeters announce the call to the feast, summoning guests to take their seats in the arena. Once inside, guests are greeted by King Phillipe and Princess Leonore, who invite them to share in a regal banquet and cheer for their own Knight of the Realm – designated by six color “zones” of seating (red, blue, yellow, black & white, red & yellow and green) representing six authentic regions of Medieval Spain.
Bill of Fare/Dinner Menu:
- Guests feast on garlic bread, tomato bisque soup, oven roasted chicken, spare rib, herb-roasted potato, pastry of the Castle, coffee and two rounds of select beverages.
- A vegetarian meal available upon request.
- A full-service bar is also available for adult guests at an additional cost.
5 Things to do with kids before a Medieval Times dinner & tournament
- Visit the dungeon. For an additional $2 you can visit the dungeon and view medieval artifacts.
- Tour the Hall of Arms. Before the show you can walk through the Hall of Arms for no additional charge. There are many artifacts from the medieval days on display, like suits of armor.
- Shop the gift shop. Your kids are definitely going to want to check out all the cool medieval items in the gift shop. Before the show is a great time to shop so they can use their purchases during the show.
- Take some cool family photos with all the props.
- Have someone in your family knighted. Many people visiting Medieval Times are celebrating a special occasion. That’s why their are special packages available to help celebrate. For as little as $30 guests can be knighted by the queen, have their name and birthday or other special occasion announced during the show, receive a picture of their knighting, and get special gift. It was my husband’s birthday when we went so we had him knighted and he received a special “Birthday King” crown.
Medieval Times New Jersey Dinner & Tournament Schedule
There might be some minor changes to this schedule based on dates and holidays. You can always check here for the best selection of dates and times.
The castle opens 90-minutes prior to show time for predinner activities. The show length is approximately two hours.
- Thursdays 7:00 pm.
- Fridays 7:30 pm, occasionally there is a 4:30 pm tournament.
- Saturdays 1:30 pm, 4:30 pm, and 7:30 pm, occasionally the schedule may be 2:00 pm, 5:00 pm, and 8:00 pm.
- Sundays 2 pm and 4:30 pm.
- Holiday Schedule from December 19, 2019 – January 1, 2020 there are shows every day. They follow the schedule above by Monday shows are at 5:00 pm, Tuesday shows are at 3:30 pm or 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm on New Year’s Eve, and there is a show Wednesday/Christmas day at 5 pm.
Medieval Times New Jersey TICKET Deals
To get the lowest price on Medieval Times New Jersey tickets you must use THIS LINK to buy tickets for one of the above dates.
- Regular price $39.40 admission for children and $69.25 for adults.
- DISCOUNTED price with Ares Travel $37 per child ticket and $54 for adult tickets.
Learn more about Medieval Times New Jersey