New Jersey is a great place to take in some FREE or low-cost family activities.
We love sharing with families fun things to do in NJ especially when it comes to events in New Jersey. If you are looking for things to do in New Jersey today or in the days ahead, just take a look at our Calendar of New Jersey events.
Click on any New Jersey event listing below for more information on local events that we think your family will enjoy. Our New Jersey Calendar of Events also includes things to do this weekend by including weekend events in New Jersey.
Events are sometimes canceled or postponed, before heading out please double check with the event organizer for current times and additional information. We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers.
Events are posted on Jersey Family Fun with information from various sources; as well as submissions from local businesses. Please note all events are subject to change without notice. Jersey Family Fun is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to calendar event listings.
For more specific information on any event please contact the event organizer directly. Jersey Family Fun does not put on these events, we only help with the promotion of them.
Don't you want families to know about your events in NJ? For information on having your event listed and advertised on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of New Jersey Events, please visit our event submission directions.
Want a listing of this weekend's events delivered to your mailbox each week? Visit our newsletter sign up form to sign up for our Jersey Family Fun Events newsletter.
- This event has passed.
Medford Country Day in Medford at Kirby’s Mill 2022
Here are more fun activities in Medford, New Jersey.
- As of April 28, 2022, these are the details that have been released about this event.
Medford Country Day
Bring the family and step back in time!
When is this event?
May 14 @ 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
When is the raindate?
This is a rain or shine event.
Does this event repeat?
This event does not repeat.
Is the event indoors or outdoors?Outdoor
Is registration required?No
Medford Country Day Activities
- The water wheel will be turning the millstones making cornmeal
- Tour the historic Kirby’s Mill housing the Society’s museum collection
- Blacksmith Shop will be open with Rick Young at the forge
- The Barn will be open for viewing the farm museum exhibits
- The Society’s collection of wagons and buggies will be on display in the Wagon Shed
- Historic crafters at work include broom maker, Sam Moyer, basketmaker, Gretchen Birdsall along with others
- Antique machines will be on display and working
- Members of the SJ Guild of Spinners and Weavers will apply their craft on an antique loom
- Demonstrations include the big wheel lathe in the Cabinetmaker Shop
- Young people can be an “apprentice” turning the big wheel or working the morticing machine in the Carpenter Shop
- Black powder rifle demonstrations and presentation of Civil War camp life will be featured by members of the 12th NJ Volunteer Infantry
- Local musicians will be playing folk & pineland style music to complete the afternoon events at Kirby’s Mill
- Light refreshments
What is the admission price?
This event is being organized and hosted by
Please contact them with any questions regarding this event. Jersey Family Fun is not directly involved with this event.
Where is this event is happening?
This event is happening at