New Jersey is a great place to take in some FREE or low-cost family activities.
We love sharing with families fun things to do in NJ especially when it comes to events in New Jersey. If you are looking for things to do in New Jersey today or in the days ahead, just take a look at our Calendar of New Jersey events.
Click on any New Jersey event listing below for more information on local events that we think your family will enjoy. Our New Jersey Calendar of Events also includes things to do this weekend by including weekend events in New Jersey.
Events are sometimes canceled or postponed, before heading out please double check with the event organizer for current times and additional information. We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers.
Events are posted on Jersey Family Fun with information from various sources; as well as submissions from local businesses. Please note all events are subject to change without notice. Jersey Family Fun is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to calendar event listings.
For more specific information on any event please contact the event organizer directly. Jersey Family Fun does not put on these events, we only help with the promotion of them.
Don't you want families to know about your events in NJ? For information on having your event listed and advertised on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of New Jersey Events, please visit our event submission directions.
Want a listing of this weekend's events delivered to your mailbox each week? Visit our newsletter sign up form to sign up for our Jersey Family Fun Events newsletter.
- This event has passed.
May Faire in Eastampton at Historic Smithville Park 2022
Here are more fun activities in Eastampton, New Jersey.
- As of April 6, 2022, these are the details that have been released about this event.
May Faire 2022
“Yes, I will spend the livelong day with Nature in this month of May” – W.H. Davies
Come celebrate the end of Winter at Historic Smithville Park in Eastampton, NJ.
We will be “Bringing in the May” and celebrating the storied history of Hezekiah & Agnes Smith and the Smithville Mansion with a free event for the whole family.
Built in 1840, the mansion is the former home of Hezekiah B. Smith, an inventor, entrepreneur, and politician who founded the company town of Smithville in the late 1800s, an international center for the production of woodworking machinery and the Star Bicycle.
When is this event?
May 15 @ 11:00 am – 5:00 pm EDT
When is the raindate?
No rain date information has been provided.
Does this event repeat?
This event does not repeat.
Is the event indoors or outdoors?Outdoor
Is registration required?No
May Faire Activities
- Live Music by the Golden Eagle Band, Pinelands Dulcimer Society, the Village Carolers, Libby Prison Minstrels and History on the Hoof’s Fife & Drum.
- Theatrical Melodramas performed by Riddlesbrood Touring Theater and the Bridgeplayers.
- Storytelling by Ladyhawke in our Boxwood Garden Maze & Fairy Glen with a special performance by Tim Hoh’s Music for Kids.
- Face Painting (additional charge to benefit the Friends of the Mansion at Smithville)
- Meet Hezekiah & Agnes and hear stories of Smithville past, including one about their most unusual pet, February.
- Historic Arts & Crafts Demonstrations; Blacksmith, Tintype Photography, Basket Weaving
- Tours of the stately Historic Smithville Mansion decorated with period furniture ($5 additional benefitting the Friends of the Mansion at Smithville) and tours of the grounds (Free)
- The New Jersey Wheelmen will be displaying their vintage bicycles
- Horse & Carriage rides
- The Athletic Base Ball Club of Philadelphia will introduce the Burlington County community to the sociable and well-played game that defined 1864 baseball by competing against the newly reassembled Smithville Industrial Village Baseball Team – a match 135 years in the making.
- Carnival games with prizes
- Kids Craft Activities
- Artisan Marketplace with over 30 talented local artisans displaying a variety of handmade items.
- History groups from all over Burlington County sharing their stories.
- Foodies bring your appetites; we’ll have Food Trucks!
What is the admission price?
This event is being organized and hosted by
Please contact them with any questions regarding this event. Jersey Family Fun is not directly involved with this event.
Where is this event is happening?
This event is happening at