New Jersey is a great place to take in some FREE or low-cost family activities.
We love sharing with families fun things to do in NJ especially when it comes to events in New Jersey. If you are looking for things to do in New Jersey today or in the days ahead, just take a look at our Calendar of New Jersey events.
Click on any New Jersey event listing below for more information on local events that we think your family will enjoy. Our New Jersey Calendar of Events also includes things to do this weekend by including weekend events in New Jersey.
Events are sometimes cancelled or postponed, before heading out please double check with the event organizer for current times and additional information. We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers.
Events are posted on Jersey Family Fun with information from various sources; as well as submissions from local businesses. Please note all events are subject to change without notice. Jersey Family Fun is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to calendar event listings.
For more specific information on any event please contact the event organizer directly. Jersey Family Fun does not put on these events, we only help with the promotion of them.
Don’t you want families to know about your events in NJ? For information on having your event listed and advertised on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of New Jersey Events, please visit our event submission directions.
Want a listing of this week’s events and this weekend’s events delivered to your mailbox each week? Visit our newsletter sign up form to sign up for our Jersey Family Fun Events newsletter.
- This event has passed.
Free Movies in Jersey City at Jersey City Parks
August 9 @ 8:30 pm - 10:30 pm EDT
An event every week that begins at 8:30 pm on Monday and Friday, repeating until August 30, 2021
Here’s more fun things to do in Jersey City, New Jersey.
Movies in the Park
FREE Movies in Jersey City are back for Summer 2021
The City of Jersey City, Mayor Steven M. Fulop, the Jersey City Municipal Council and the Office of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the Jersey City Parks Coalition are excited to welcome back Movies in the Park.
This series offers free, outdoor screenings of popular films in nearly every public park across Jersey City. This citywide cinema experience is suited for all ages and takes place throughout the summer, between the months of June and August. Bring a blanket or sun chair, your favorite movie-watching snacks and be sure to check out the full schedule below to see what movies are airing near you!
2021 Jersey City Summer Movies Schedule
- June 28, 2021 at Thomas McGovern Park – Scoob
- July 9, 2021 at Riverview Fisk Park – Wonder Woman
- July 12, 2021 at Columbia Park – Onward
- July 16, 2021 at Audubon Park – Lion King (Live Action)
- July 23, 2021 at Ercel Web Park – Jumanji
- July 26, 2021 at Pershing Field – Little Mermaid
- July 30, 2021 at Arlington Park – Beauty & The Beast
- August 2, 2021 at Hamilton Park – Wallace & Grommit – Curse of the Were Rabbit
- August 9, 2021 at J. Owen Grundy Pier – Minari
- August 10, 2021 at Berry Lane Park – Black Panther
- August 13, 2021 at Sgt. Anthony Park – Dora and the Lost City
- August 16, 2021 at Boyd McGuiness Park – Guardians of the Galaxy
- August 20, 2021 at Triangle Park – Cool Runnings
- August 23, 2021 at Village Park – Matilda
- August 30, 2021 at Harsimus Cemetary Park – Aladdin (Live Action)
What happens if it rains on the scheduled movie date?
- Visit the Jersey City website for updates on weather cancellations.
Where do the summer movies take place?
- The Jersey City Summer Movies will be held at various parks across Jersey City. Please check the schedule above for the location of the movie.
How much is admission?
- Admission is free.
Are reservations required?
- Reservations are not required.
For more information about this event, please visit the link listed here or the event organizer listed in the organizer area of this event listing. Jersey Family Fun is not directly involved with these movie events. We list these New Jersey summer movies as a free public service to our readers and New Jersey municipalities.