Calendar of New Jersey Events for Kids, Teens, & Families
New Jersey is a great place to take in some FREE or low-cost family activities.
We love sharing with families fun things to do in NJ especially when it comes to events in New Jersey. If you are looking for things to do in New Jersey today or in the days ahead, just take a look at our Calendar of New Jersey events.
Click on any New Jersey event listing below for more information on local events that we think your family will enjoy. Our New Jersey Calendar of Events also includes things to do this weekend by including weekend events in New Jersey.
Events are sometimes canceled or postponed, before heading out please double check with the event organizer for current times and additional information. We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers.
Events are posted on Jersey Family Fun with information from various sources; as well as submissions from local businesses. Please note all events are subject to change without notice. Jersey Family Fun is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to calendar event listings.
For more specific information on any event please contact the event organizer directly. Jersey Family Fun does not put on these events, we only help with the promotion of them.
Don't you want families to know about your events in NJ? For information on having your event listed and advertised on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of New Jersey Events, please visit our event submission directions.
Want a listing of this weekend's events delivered to your mailbox each week? Visit our newsletter sign up form to sign up for our Jersey Family Fun Events newsletter.
View your County's Calendar of Events
View your county's specific calendar of events by clicking one of the shortcut links below.
Home Depot Kids Workshop
Here are more fun activities in New Jersey.
- As of January 25, 2024, these are the details that have been released about this event.
Kids Projects & Activities at The Home Depot
Are you looking for free, creative, and fun? You don’t have to look further than your local Home Depot and their Kids Workshops. From race cars to boats to desktop calendars, Home Depot offers different Kids Workshops on the first Saturday of the month for children ages 5-12.
You can drop in between 9 – 12 pm and have your kids create that month’s project. While Home Depot requests the Kids Workshop attendees register online, they have been very welcoming to families when they have forgotten. It is absolutely worth checking out this month!
Check your local store to confirm the workshop is happening in your area!
When is this event?
April 6 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
When is the raindate?
No rain date information has been provided.
Does this event repeat?
This event is held the first Saturday of the month from 9:00am – 12:00pm.
Is the event indoors or outdoors?Indoor
Is registration required?Yes
Home Depot Workshop Kits –
- February 3, 2024 – Valentines Basket
- March 2, 2024 – Butterfly House
- April 6, 2024 – Lattice Planter
What is the admission price?
This event is being organized and hosted by
Please contact them with any questions regarding this event. Jersey Family Fun is not directly involved with this event.
Where is this event happening?
This event is happening at
More about Home Depot Kids Workshop
At Jersey Family Fun, a lot of the writers’ kids have grown up participating in these Kids Workshops at Home Depot. We loved knowing we could always look forward to a fun free way to entertain the kids and keep them busy on the first Saturday of the month. While other stores have stopped doing programs like this or implemented a fee, Home Depot continues to keep these kids events free.
10 things to know about the Home Depot Kids Workshops and why we love it so much!
- Free and fun the Kids Workshops are for children ages 5-12.
- Home Depot Kids Workshops are offered the first Saturday of the month at your local store between 9 am – 12 pm.
- All children keep their craft, receive a certificate of achievement, a workshop apron (for new attendees), and a commemorative pin.
- Home Depot staff are there to assist with the projects.
- This is first come, first serve. The apron and workshop kit is given to those who arrive earlier so there may not be sufficient supplies towards the end of the workshop.
- Children need to be present at the store to participate in the workshops.
- At some stores, paint is offered for each project so it might be best to dress the kids for mess.
- Registration for the Kids Workshops is available online and is requested to ensure that there is sufficient supplies for all the attendees.
- Finished projects can make great gifts for grandparents, godparents, or other relatives.
- For summer months, it is recommended to wear sunblock in case the workshop is being held outside.