New Jersey is a great place to take in some FREE or low-cost family activities.
We love sharing with families fun things to do in NJ especially when it comes to events in New Jersey. If you are looking for things to do in New Jersey today or in the days ahead, just take a look at our Calendar of New Jersey events.
Click on any New Jersey event listing below for more information on local events that we think your family will enjoy. Our New Jersey Calendar of Events also includes things to do this weekend by including weekend events in New Jersey.
Events are sometimes cancelled or postponed, before heading out please double check with the event organizer for current times and additional information. We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers.
Events are posted on Jersey Family Fun with information from various sources; as well as submissions from local businesses. Please note all events are subject to change without notice. Jersey Family Fun is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to calendar event listings.
For more specific information on any event please contact the event organizer directly. Jersey Family Fun does not put on these events, we only help with the promotion of them.
Don’t you want families to know about your events in NJ? For information on having your event listed and advertised on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of New Jersey Events, please visit our event submission directions.
Want a listing of this week's events and this weekend's events delivered to your mailbox each week? Visit HERE to sign up for our Jersey Family Fun Events newsletter.
- This event has passed.
Free Admission Days at WheatonArts & Family Art Workshops
August 14 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
One event on August 14, 2019 at 10:00 am
One event on August 17, 2019 at 10:00 am
One event on August 18, 2019 at 10:00 am
One event on September 7, 2019 at 10:00 am
WheatonArts FREE Admission Days
The WheatonArts “Family Days! Presented by PNC Arts Alive!” program provides FREE Admission to all WheatonArts visitors on select days listed below, along with a variety of enhanced family programming including artist demonstrations, special exhibition tours, hands-on workshops, & children’s art activities.
WheatonArts FREE Admission Dates 2019 Schedule
- April 6 – Wheaton Springs 2019
- April 7 – Enhanced Programs
- May 4 – ECO Fair
- June 8 – Weddings of East Asia
- July 4 – Independence Day
- July 10 – Wheaton Wednesday, open late!
- August 14 – Wheaton Wednesday, open late!
- August 17 – Enhanced Programs
- August 18 – Fire Muster
- September 7 – PAWS for Art, dogs invited!
Upcoming WheatonArts Programs
Open Late on Wednesday, August 14!
- FREE Admission from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. WheatonArts is open late for the second Wheaton Wednesday event! Highlights include a LARGE-scale glass pumpkin blowing demonstration with ice cream treats in the Glass Studio, a “Tools of the Trade” curatorial touch cart & director tours of the Emanation 2019 exhibit in the Museum of American Glass, glass bubble blowing experiences, free & fee-based family art activities, Museum Store food tastings & door prizes, dinner at the GateHouse Cafe, and more! This new event is part of WheatonArts’ “Family Days! Presented by PNC Arts Alive!“
August 18 Fire Muster
- Sunday, August 18 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. WheatonArts, in association with the Glasstown Antique Fire Brigade, presents the 39th annual Glasstown Antique Fire Brigade Muster and Firefighters Family Day. This FREE admission, outdoor event features over 80 antique fire trucks from the Mid-Atlantic States on display throughout our grounds. Show highlights include a firefighter training and skills competition, a water barrel fight, a bucket brigade, and firefighting demonstrations. Visitors can also enjoy an antique fire apparatus flea market and refreshments for sale from local food vendors.
September 7 PAWS for Art
- DOGS INVITED! This FREE Family Day event brings pet owners and their dogs on site for a day of art and fun. Pet food donations for the Shelter are welcome & encouraged. Includes access to the Museum of American Glass, Artist Studios, & Museum Stores! For pet safety, all dogs are required to be on a short, no longer than four-foot, lead. No retractable leashes. Dogs are permitted on the grounds and in the Artist Studios during the event. The SJRAS will provide leash checks at the gate and dog sitters outside of the Museum of American Glass, Museum Stores, and Education Studio. Water stations for dogs will be located throughout the grounds. WheatonArts or SJRAS associates will have pet waste bags. Learn more in this event listing.