New Jersey is a great place to take in some FREE or low-cost family activities.
We love sharing with families fun things to do in NJ especially when it comes to events in New Jersey. If you are looking for things to do in New Jersey today or in the days ahead, just take a look at our Calendar of New Jersey events.
Click on any New Jersey event listing below for more information on local events that we think your family will enjoy. Our New Jersey Calendar of Events also includes things to do this weekend by including weekend events in New Jersey.
Events are sometimes canceled or postponed, before heading out please double check with the event organizer for current times and additional information. We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers.
Events are posted on Jersey Family Fun with information from various sources; as well as submissions from local businesses. Please note all events are subject to change without notice. Jersey Family Fun is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to calendar event listings.
For more specific information on any event please contact the event organizer directly. Jersey Family Fun does not put on these events, we only help with the promotion of them.
Don’t you want families to know about your events in NJ? For information on having your event listed and advertised on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of New Jersey Events, please visit our event submission directions.
Want a listing of this week’s events and this weekend’s events delivered to your mailbox each week? Visit our newsletter sign up form to sign up for our Jersey Family Fun Events newsletter.
- This event has passed.
Free Admission Days at Funny Farm Rescue in Mays Landing
November 7 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm EST
An event every week that begins at 8:00 am on Sunday and Tuesday, repeating until December 28, 2021
Here are more fun activities in Mays Landing, New Jersey.
Funny Farm Rescue – Free Admission Days
We are only open Sundays and Tuesdays year round rain or shine. Admission and parking are free, but we do require every person coming to the farm to have a signed waiver on file. Fill out waiver by clicking here.
Each adult must sign separately but kids can be on one of the adult’s. Just hit submit, no need to print. Entrance without a waiver is not authorized. You only need to do this once.
When are the Free Admission Days?
Every Sunday and Tuesday from 8:00am – 4:00pm year round. The farm is open rain or shine.
Funny Farm Rescue Animals –
- We have over 600 animals most roaming free. They come right up to you. Some of them run up to you. This is their home.
Admission fees for the Funny Farm Rescue Free Admission Days
- Admission and parking are free. Signed waivers are required for admission.
Suggestions for visiting Funny Farm Rescue
- If your kids or grandkids are afraid or allergic to animals, The Funny Farm may not be the best place to take them. We have over 600 animals most roaming free. They come right up to you. Some of them run up to you. This is their home.
- Flip Flops: This is a real farm. You will step in poop. Although our volunteers clean the farm all the time, this is not a beach. Flip flops are not recommended.
- No screaming or running. This is a sanctuary and screaming will alert the dogs that something may be wrong and they will run to you. There are trees, roots, dirt, mud, and many things to trip over if you’re running.
- Picnics: We suggest anyone wanting to have a picnic to go to Michael Debbi Park just around the corner. They have a track, fields to run, a playground, ball fields, and no animals hoping to share your food. Although we have a few picnic tables, animals will jump on your table and steal your food.
- Parking: Goats can and do jump on cars. Peacocks and guinea hens peck them. Parking at your own risk is available inside the farm. Parking anywhere is always at your own risk. We suggest not bringing your best car to a rescue farm and definitely don’t park under a tree because goats see them as steps and shelves to get them up closer to the trees to eat the leaves.
- We want you to have the best experience here for you and your family. Using common sense is the best way to have the best experience.
- Be sure to watch your kids from the minute they arrive until the minute they leave. Animals can push them over, step on them, or even nip. Please do not allow your kids to pick up baby ducks or chickens. Moms will defend their kids.
- If there are any incidents, please report them to the Funny Farm General Store.
For more information about this event, please visit the link listed here or the event organizer listed in the organizer area of this event listing. Jersey Family Fun is not directly involved with these events. We list these New Jersey events as a free public service to our readers and New Jersey municipalities or organizations.