New Jersey is a great place to take in some FREE or low-cost family activities.
We love sharing with families fun things to do in NJ especially when it comes to events in New Jersey. If you are looking for things to do in New Jersey today or in the days ahead, just take a look at our Calendar of New Jersey events.
Click on any New Jersey event listing below for more information on local events that we think your family will enjoy. Our New Jersey Calendar of Events also includes things to do this weekend by including weekend events in New Jersey.
Events are sometimes cancelled or postponed, before heading out please double check with the event organizer for current times and additional information. We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers.
Events are posted on Jersey Family Fun with information from various sources; as well as submissions from local businesses. Please note all events are subject to change without notice. Jersey Family Fun is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to calendar event listings.
For more specific information on any event please contact the event organizer directly. Jersey Family Fun does not put on these events, we only help with the promotion of them.
Don’t you want families to know about your events in NJ? For information on having your event listed and advertised on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of New Jersey Events, please visit our event submission directions.
Want a listing of this week’s events and this weekend’s events delivered to your mailbox each week? Visit HERE to sign up for our Jersey Family Fun Events newsletter.
- This event has passed.
Medford Easter Egg Hunt for Dogs *
April 5, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm$5
As of March 17, 2020 there is no information for a 2021 event.
Medford Annual Dog-Gone Easter Egg Hunt
All dressed up with no place to go?!
Let your pooch follow their nose to Freedom Park!
Join HousePaws and the BooTiki Fund for our 3rd Annual Dog-Gone Easter Egg Hunt!
Thousands of plastic eggs will be scattered in the fields holding special treats! There will also be prize eggs which will contain a note if your dog has won! Adoptable dogs from local rescues will be joining us in hopes of finding a forever home!
All donations from this event will go to the BooTiki Fund, a local 501c3, that helps pet owners who cannot afford emergency medical care and provides wellness clinics in low income areas where pets are in desperate need.
Two areas will be prepared for small dogs and large dogs….so everyone has an intimidation free egg hunt!!
12 pm Check in & meet the vendors & rescues!
1 pm – 2 pm Easter Egg Hunt (The egg hunt will start promptly at 1 pm!)
Vendors & Rescues will all be present from 12 pm – 2 pm!
Suggested donation is $5 per pet.
1. All dogs must be well controlled on no longer than a 6 ft. leash.
2. Dogs are up to date on rabies vaccination and distemper/parvo vaccination (or good titers).
3. Bring a basket to collect your dog’s Easter eggs.
4. Don’t start before we give the GO!
5. Please do NOT be competitive with your neighbor, enjoy the time with your dog!
6. When your dog’s nose or paw touches an egg, you put it in your basket.
7. Keep a healthy distance between dogs while seeking eggs so as to avoid a possible fight over treats.
8. Dress casually. Pets in costume are welcome!
9. Register online or in person at the park.
10. Come to the registration and prize area to open your eggs.
Please return all eggs so we can do this again next year !
1) Take out your dog’s treats and place them in your basket to take home.
2) Check each egg for fun notes and see if your dog won a prize(s).
3) Bring your prize winning notes to the registration desk to collect your gift(s) by prize category.
4) Donate the plastic eggs back to us for next years event by tossing them in the big containers at registration.
Visit the booths for special treats or to meet the rescues! Booths will be open 12 pm – 2 pm!