New Jersey is a great place to take in some FREE or low-cost family activities.
We love sharing with families fun things to do in NJ especially when it comes to events in New Jersey. If you are looking for things to do in New Jersey today or in the days ahead, just take a look at our Calendar of New Jersey events.
Click on any New Jersey event listing below for more information on local events that we think your family will enjoy. Our New Jersey Calendar of Events also includes things to do this weekend by including weekend events in New Jersey.
Events are sometimes cancelled or postponed, before heading out please double check with the event organizer for current times and additional information. We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers. Events are posted on Jersey Family Fun with information from various sources; as well as submissions from local businesses. Please note all events are subject to change without notice. Jersey Family Fun is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to calendar event listings.
Don’t you want families to know about your events in NJ? For information on having your event listed and advertised on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of New Jersey Events, please visit our event submission directions.
Want a listing of this week’s events and this weekend’s events delivered to your mailbox each week? Visit HERE to sign up for our Jersey Family Fun Events newsletter.
- This event has passed.
Christmas at The Historic Village at Allaire
December 16, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00am on Sunday, repeating until December 16, 2018
Join all of us here at the Historic Village at Allaire as we celebrate the Joys of Christmas Past. Experience the sights and smells of an early American Christmas with hearth cooking, singing, dancing, wagon rides, Santa and more!
This is a day full of fun interactive programs. You can also bring your holiday cards to be sent from our historic post office located in the General Store. Bring your addressed envelopes with a stamp, and they will receive a special Allaire cancellation, showcasing a historic building. Here are just a few of our activities taking place this day:
- Historic buildings open: 11am to 4pm each building will be decorated and interpreted according to a different Christmas tradition.
- Interactive music program in the Chapel: 12:30 pm, 2pm, and 3pm.
- Storytelling in the Enameling Building: 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm.
- Silhouette Cuttings in the Visitor Center: 12 pm to 4 pm (Dec 2nd and Dec 9th).
- Santa will be visiting the village 11 am to 4 pm.
- Carolers will be singing throughout the village from 12 pm to 4 pm.
- The General Store and Bakery will be open from 10 am to 4pm.
- Holiday drink-making in the Allaire Mansion.
- Sample the Holiday wassail in the villlage buildings as you call on the residences of the Howell Iron Works.
- Visit the Carriage House, warm by the fire pit, and see the carriages and sleds decorated for the Holidays.
- Make a pine-cone feeder for our feathered friends (take home if you wish) or decorate our Christmas Tree!
- String cranberries and popcorn at the Manager’s House (for take home too!).
- Trains! The history of trains as an iconic Christmas toy favorite! Lionel model train layout!
- Music throughout the village.
Admission is $7 for adults, and $5 for children under 12.
**Wagon rides are first come first serve (included in ticket price).