New Jersey is a great place to take in some FREE or low-cost family activities.
We love sharing with families fun things to do in NJ especially when it comes to events in New Jersey. If you are looking for things to do in New Jersey today or in the days ahead, just take a look at our Calendar of New Jersey events.
Click on any New Jersey event listing below for more information on local events that we think your family will enjoy. Our New Jersey Calendar of Events also includes things to do this weekend by including weekend events in New Jersey.
Events are sometimes cancelled or postponed, before heading out please double check with the event organizer for current times and additional information. We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers.
Events are posted on Jersey Family Fun with information from various sources; as well as submissions from local businesses. Please note all events are subject to change without notice. Jersey Family Fun is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to calendar event listings.
For more specific information on any event please contact the event organizer directly. Jersey Family Fun does not put on these events, we only help with the promotion of them.
Don’t you want families to know about your events in NJ? For information on having your event listed and advertised on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of New Jersey Events, please visit our event submission directions.
Want a listing of this week’s events and this weekend’s events delivered to your mailbox each week? Visit HERE to sign up for our Jersey Family Fun Events newsletter.
- This event has passed.
Atlantic City Air Show: Thunder Over the Boardwalk
August 21 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
First published in 2013 but updated annually.
Now celebrating its 17th year, the 2019 Atlantic City Airshow will return to the skies above the beautiful free beaches and Boardwalk in Atlantic City on Wednesday, August 21, 2019.
GEICO will return as the presenting sponsor of this event, as announced by Greater Atlantic City Chamber President Joe Kelly, the show’s organizer.
“We are excited to welcome back the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds, United States Army Golden knights and the GEICO Skytypers to participate in Atlantic City’s signature summer event,” said Greater Atlantic City Chamber President Joe Kelly. “This year’s show was selected as one of the first eight airshows in North America that will feature an appearance by the United Kingdom’s Royal Air Force Red Arrows.”
The USAF Air Demonstration Squadron (“Thunderbirds”) is the air demonstration squadron of
the United States Air Force (USAF). The Thunderbirds perform aerial demonstrations in the F‐16C
Fighting Falcon. Much of the Thunderbirds’ display alternates between maneuvers performed by the diamond, and those performed by the opposing solos, all with magnificent accuracy and precision.
Officially known as the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows showcase the excellence of the RAF and represent the United Kingdom both at home and overseas. The team consists of 11 pilots, nine of whom fly in the display, and more than 100 support personnel and technicians. Each of the pilots has previous fast‐jet, operational experience flying the Tornado, Typhoon or Harrier, enabling the RAF to secure the skies and protect the nation and its interests, 365‐days a year. One of the world’s premier aerobatic teams, the Red Arrows have completed almost 5,000 displays, in 57 countries, since its opening 1965 season. The team flies British‐built BAE Systems Hawk T1 fast‐jets.
Atlantic City Air Show: Thunder Over the Boardwalk Full Schedule
- 11:30 AM National Anthem Flag Jumps by the US Army Golden Knights
- 11:38 AM US Army Golden Knights Parachute Team Mass Exit Show
- 11:44 AM NJ-ANG 177th FW F-16 Fighting Falcon Formation Flyby
- 11:45 AM NJ-ANG 108th WG KC-135R Stratotanker Flyby
- 11:47 AM PA-ANG 193rd SOW EC-130J Command Solo Flyby
- 11:48 AM WPVI 6ABC Chopper 6 Flyby
- 11:50 AM USAF 1HS UH-1N Flyby
- 11:53 AM NJ ANG Compositie Wing Flyby (KC-135 and F-16)
- 11:55 AM Lee Leets Shorts Tucano Aerobatic Demonstration
- 12:09 PM Jerry Conley DH-112 Vampire Aerobatic Demonstration
- 12:24 PM British Legacy Flight
- 12:30 PM Royal Air Force Red Arrows
- 1:00 PM USAF 2nd BW B-52 Stratofortress Flyby
- 1:02 PM Medical Helicopter Flyby
- 1:04 PM New Jersey State Police Flyby
- 1:08 PM USAF 436th AMW C-17A Globemaster III Flyby
- 1:10 PM FAA TEch Center Citation 560XL Flyby
- 1:14 PM Delaware State Hornet Flight Formation Team Flyby
- 1:18 PM DE ANG 166th AW C-130H Hercules Flyby
- 1:22 PM GEICO Skytypers
- 1:38 PM Miss GEICO Speedboat Race with the GEICO Skytypers
- 1:43 PM USCG Enlistment Ceremony
- 1:45 PM USCG Search and Rescue Demonstration
- 1:55 PM Lucas Oil Mike Wiskus Pitts Aerobatic Demonstration
- 2:12 PM Jim Beasley Jr. Jr. P-51 Mustang Demonstration
- 2:21 PM US Army Golden Knights Mass Exit Show
- 2:41 PM ACEMAKER Greg Colyer T-33 Shooting Star Aerobatic Demonstration
- 2:55 PM USAF Thunderbirds Enlistment Ceremony
- 3:00 PM USAF Thunderbirds
If you loved this list check out our other posts about the Atlantic City Air Show: Thunder Over the Boardwalk to prepare you for what is in store on this beautiful day at the free family-friendly show. We go over everything you will need to know to make this trip an enjoyable one for you and your family.
Check out our Atlantic City Air Show pictures from an earlier Thunder Over the Boardwalk on Facebook.
For more tips on attending the 2019 Thunder Over the Boardwalk, read our article.
For more details from Atlantic City, including stay & play options, please visit this link.
For more ideas for things to do with the kids in Atlantic City after the Air Show, please visit this link.