New Jersey is a great place to take in some FREE or low-cost family activities.
We love sharing with families fun things to do in NJ especially when it comes to events in New Jersey. If you are looking for things to do in New Jersey today or in the days ahead, just take a look at our Calendar of New Jersey events.
Click on any New Jersey event listing below for more information on local events that we think your family will enjoy. Our New Jersey Calendar of Events also includes things to do this weekend by including weekend events in New Jersey.
Events are sometimes canceled or postponed, before heading out please double check with the event organizer for current times and additional information. We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers.
Events are posted on Jersey Family Fun with information from various sources; as well as submissions from local businesses. Please note all events are subject to change without notice. Jersey Family Fun is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to calendar event listings.
For more specific information on any event please contact the event organizer directly. Jersey Family Fun does not put on these events, we only help with the promotion of them.
Don't you want families to know about your events in NJ? For information on having your event listed and advertised on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of New Jersey Events, please visit our event submission directions.
Want a listing of this weekend's events delivered to your mailbox each week? Visit our newsletter sign up form to sign up for our Jersey Family Fun Events newsletter.
- This event has passed.
Atlantic City Air Show: Thunder Over the Boardwalk
August 18, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 3:30 pm EDTFree
First published in 2013 but updated annually.
Here are more fun activities in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Atlantic City Air Show
The Greater Atlantic City Chamber is pleased to announce the return of the Atlantic City Airshow “A Salute to Those Who Serve,” presented by GEICO on Wednesday, August 18, 2021. The 18th Annual event will feature the U. S. Air Force Thunderbirds as the headline act.
The 2021 event is partnering with the New Jersey Hospital Association to welcome and salute the incredible work performed by healthcare workers from across the state in caring for their patients, residents and communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. A select number of healthcare professionals will be invited to show center to enjoy the festivities and to be recognized for their incredible work during the pandemic.
When is the Atlantic City Air Show?
Wednesday, August 18, 2021 from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- No rain date information has been provided.
Where is the Atlantic City Air Show?
- The event will be held on the Atlantic City Beachfront.
Atlantic City Air Show Schedule
*Times & Performers Subject to Change without Notification
- 11:00 AM Airspace Closes for Airshow, TFR in Effect, Boats in Place
- 11:30 AM US Army Golden Knights Flag Jump w/National Anthem
- 11:38 AM US Army Golden Knights Mass Exit Show
- 11:48 AM NJ ANG 177th FW F-16 Flyby
- 11:49 AM NJ ANG 108th WG KC-135 Flyby
- 11:51 AM USAF 436th AW C-17 Flyby
- 11:53 AM NJ ANG Composite Wing Flyby (KC-135 & (2) F-16s)
- 11:55 AM FAA William J Hughes Tech Center Citation Flyby (1-pass)
- 11:57 AM NBC Philadelphia Chopper 10 Flyby
- 11:59 AM Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Helicopter Flyby
- 12:01 PM ChefPitts S1S Aerobatics
- 12:15 PM
USAF C-17A Globemaster III Demonstration
- 12:27 PM Medical Helicopter Flybys
- 12:29 PM NJ State Police Flybys
- 12:31 PM 80th FTW T-38 Talon Flyby #1 (4-ship)
- 12:38 PM NJ-ArNG/NJ-ANG UH-60 SPIES/FRIES Demonstration
- 12:44 PM GEICO Skytypers
- 1:04 PM USMC VMM-774 MV-22 Osprey Demonstration
- 1:14 PM David Windmiller Edge 540 Aerobatics
- 1:28 PM US Coast Guard MH-65D Search & Rescue Demonstration
- 1:42 PM Jim Beasley Jr. P-51 Mustang Demonstration
- 1:50 PM USAF F-22A Raptor Demonstration
- 2:05 PM USAF Heritage Flight (F-22 & P-51)
- 2:19 PM Army Golden Knights Mass Exit Show
- 2:40 PM USAF Thunderbirds Enlistment Ceremony
- 2:50 PM USAF Thunderbirds
Admission fees for the Atlantic City Air Show
- Admission is free.
More about the Atlantic City Air Show
- No Airshow can be successful without a pre-flight checklist. Here are some helpful tips to optimize your Airshow experience:
- Protect yourself with sunscreen.
- Wear light clothing in the hot weather.
- Bring snacks and water to stay refreshed.
- Bring sunglasses for an optimal sight of the show.
- Cameras and binoculars are a great way to capture the action.
- Beach accessories, chairs, umbrellas, hats and bathing suits are welcomed on the beach.
- Bring a portable radio and tune it to WPG Talk Radio 95.5 FM and 1450 AM to hear all of the commentary for the show.
For more information about this event, please visit the link listed here or the event organizer listed in the organizer area of this event listing. Jersey Family Fun is not directly involved with these events. We list these New Jersey events as a free public service to our readers and New Jersey municipalities or organizations.
Check out our Atlantic City Air Show pictures from an earlier Thunder Over the Boardwalk on Facebook.
For more tips on attending the 2021 Thunder Over the Boardwalk AC air show, read our article.
For more details from Atlantic City, including stay & play options, please visit this link.
For more ideas for things to do with the kids in Atlantic City after the Air Show, please visit this link.