We are seeing a significant number of event cancellations due to the Coronavirus. We are trying to make updates as quickly as we can. We strongly urge all readers to contact event venues and organizers, listed in event descriptions, before heading to any events to confirm their status.
New Jersey is a great place to take in some FREE or low-cost family activities.
We love sharing with families fun things to do in NJ especially when it comes to events in New Jersey. If you are looking for things to do in New Jersey today or in the days ahead, just take a look at our Calendar of New Jersey events.
Click on any New Jersey event listing below for more information on local events that we think your family will enjoy. Our New Jersey Calendar of Events also includes things to do this weekend by including weekend events in New Jersey.
Events are sometimes cancelled or postponed, before heading out please double check with the event organizer for current times and additional information. We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers.
Events are posted on Jersey Family Fun with information from various sources; as well as submissions from local businesses. Please note all events are subject to change without notice. Jersey Family Fun is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to calendar event listings.
For more specific information on any event please contact the event organizer directly. Jersey Family Fun does not put on these events, we only help with the promotion of them.
Don’t you want families to know about your events in NJ? For information on having your event listed and advertised on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of New Jersey Events, please visit our event submission directions.
Want a listing of this week’s events and this weekend’s events delivered to your mailbox each week? Visit HERE to sign up for our Jersey Family Fun Events newsletter.
- This event has passed.
POSTPONED Spring Model Railroad Show – North Haledon
March 28 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until March 29, 2020
The 2020 show will run two weekends:
- Saturday, March 21 ~ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Sunday, March 22 ~ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Saturday, March 28 ~ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Sunday, March 29 ~ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Dates and Times are subject to change as per weather conditions. The GSMRRClub reserves the right to substitute motive power and rolling stock as operating conditions warrant.
Children Under Age 12 FREE with Adult
New things to look for in 2020:
- Continued progress on the New Layout space in the basement next door!
- More Prototypical and fully functional NORAC signals around the layout!
- All trains operate with Digital Command Control. More locomotives make realistic sound!
- Completed industries at the west end of Albatross Yard
- Continued progress on all facets of the Passenger Terminal
- New home for the Joe Hensler Brewery and discribution center at Doug Tower
- Completion of the Robertsdale coal mine scene
- Completion of the Sawmill complex at Middletown
- Completion of the overhead electrification in Norristown
- Fully functional turntable, roundhouse, and surrounding Engine Facility tracks
- Lighting in more buildings along the railroad and working grade crossing lights
- More Scenery, Ballasting, and Super Details all over the layout
- New challenge quiz to locate numerous features on our railroad.
- New GSN HO Model Railroad DVD for sale.
FREE PARKING is available behind the Clubhouse, across the street adjacent to the Fire House, and in the school lots off Brookview Drive. Please DO NOT PARK directly in front of the stores at our strip mall.