In full disclosure, we received the Mouse Trap board game at no charge, to review
from Hasbro as part of our Family Game Night Series. We appreciate their support of
Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about toys
we think your family may enjoy.
Does Your Family Have a Game Night?
When I think of Family Game Night, the first thing that comes to mind is Hasbro. So I was thrilled when they were interested in helping us kick off a new series on Jersey Family Fun, where we plan to share reviews of games that our writers and their families love to play together. First up, Elefun and Friends Mouse Trap, a new twist on an old favorite.
Mouse Trap Game Review
Monday nights are game night at our house. My children are always deciding what they would like to play for family game night. Sometimes we play board games and sometimes we like to play a game that gets us off our feet. Whatever we choose we are always having fun and doing it as a family. So, we got the opportunity to try Mouse Trap. And let me tell you I was less than thrilled but happy because it was a game that we could play together. Before I received it I thought to myself, Mouse Trap?!!! Mouse Trap? That game that I played ONE time when I was a kid. The game that I was so excited to play, then I lost the little tiny bucket, the little tiny plastic flat man and couldn’t play. The game that once the rubber band broke you kept forgetting to get a new one. The game that Mom hid because you lost all the pieces after the first time you played. But no! This is NOT that Mouse Trap. This is the NEW and IMPROVED Mouse Trap. And it was……AWESOME!
How do you play Mouse Trap?
- First set up your Mouse Trap.
- Then, have the youngest player start first. Have the youngest player spin the spinner. Start at the start line and then count how many spaces.
- If you fall on the boot kick the boot and launch the trap.
- If there happens to be a mouse in the trap then you win.
- If there is no mouse in the trap re-set the trap and the next player spins.
- Play until a mouse is caught!
- Have fun!
See our Elefun and Friends Mouse Trap video demonstration
Why I liked the new version of Mouse Trap:
- Incredibly easy set up.
- Larger parts so toddler can now play.
- Very colorful.
- Very cute!
- A game that all my children can play.
What Mouse Trap includes:
- 3 Mouse Figures: Nacho Mouse, Sneakers Mouse & Pepper Mouse.
- 2 Marbles
- Cardboard Spinner
- 3 plastic board game pieces
- Cheese wedge slide
- Hungry Hippo figure
- Seesaw branch
- Elefun plastic branch holder
- Jock croc plastic slide component
- Monkey Cheeky trap holder
- Tree truck
- Banana branch
- Tree leaves
What’s Different with the new Mouse Trap ?:
- The man diving into the tiny swimming pool is now Hungry Hippo jumping into the water into a log.
- The cage that falls down onto the mouse now has a monkey on top that spins around.
- For ages 4 and up, was ages 6 and up.
- For up to 3 players was 2 to 4 players.
- Plastic three step snapping system.
- Larger toys for easier and quicker set up!
Where to find Mouse Trap?
You can purchase it for $19.99 on amazon.com and at your favorite toy retailers.
Click on over to read more about games from our Family Game Night series.