We received the Blurt Game, at no charge, to review from Educational Insights. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun which allows us to share information about math toys we think families may enjoy.
A comic entertainer who wears funny clothes and has a painted face is a _____
A smooth, round object formed inside the shells of oysters ______
Do those answers come immediately to mind? Do you feel the urge to ‘blurt’ them out?
Educational Insight’s Blurt game is unlike most board games. Yes, the goal is to get to the end before the other players. It’s the how you get there that’s different. In Blurt, it’s a word race to see who can identify the vocabulary word the fastest. It doesn’t matter whose turn it is, whoever answers correctly first gets to move their playing piece ahead.
Blurt is for ages 7 to adult and can be played with as few as 3 players. There are 4 game pieces, but players can form into teams. Initially, my youngest (6 year old) thought he wouldn’t be able to keep up with his brothers, but he surprised them and himself by doing well. The playing cards offer an easy and difficult side. For the most part we kept with the easy cards. However, by the third round my 9 year old was asking for the more difficult clues. He knew he might not do as well but he wanted the extra challenge. How’s that for an educational game that keeps older kids interested?
I played with my three boys as three different players. The number rolled determines which clue is read. The reader can’t answer since he/she can see the answer. I played the role of the reader to simplify things. The other players guess the clue. Whoever answers first gets to move the number of spaces indicated on the die. If playing as teams then the other members of the reader’s team can guess.
Educational Insights’ Blurt Game’s Multiple Ways to Play
- Junior Version ~ A special way for players, aged 7 to 9, that gives both all players/teams a chance to win by correctly spelling their guesses.
- Regular Play ~ As described above
- Advanced Play Options ~ Gives players ways to add increased difficulty to the game.
- Bonus Blurts ~ Presents opportunities to earn bonuses when you land on certain spots.
4 reasons why we LOVE Educational Insights’ Blurt Game
- Multiple levels of difficulty! Educational Insights’ Blurt is just challenging enough for my kids. They need to think and consider the clue before answering.
- Mom-friendly! Educational Insights’ Blurt Game pieces, game board, and playing card are durable. They can be wiped clean. No batteries are required.
- Right amount of time! Each round took about 10-15 minutes to complete with 2 kids playing and my being the reader. Our first time playing my kids were so into it we played for 3 rounds. This is a family game that can easily be played as dinner preparation is underway or after dinner for family game night.
- Educational! I love how Blurt puts a twist on how kids learn vocabulary. Kids have to think about the clue and then what vocabulary word matches that definition.
I hope you enjoy Educational Insights’ Blurt Game as as a way to help your kids not only improve their vocabulary but also as a way to get more excited about family game night. Here is where you can find out more information about Educational Insights:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/educationalinsights
- YouTube channel with lots of videos about their different products: http://www.youtube.com/user/EducationalInsights
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ed_insights
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/edinsights/
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/educationalinsights
- Link where people can sign up direct for EI’s newsletter http://bit.ly/11NVqak
To help cover the costs associated with running a site like Jersey Family Fun, we participate in affiliate advertising programs. These programs pay us a small commission when readers purchase an item by using our links to it. You can help support the Jersey Family Fun site by purchasing Educational Insights Blurt Game through the following link.
Thank you for your support.
Want to Win an Educational Insights’ Blurt Game for your Kids?
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
Some things to consider before you enter:
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants can earn a free entry by checking the first free entry box.
- You may earn an additional entry by leaving one comment on the Jersey Family Fun giveaway/contest blog post, that answers the question being asked during the timeframe of the contest. Comments that do not answer the question, while appreciated, will not be valid or count as meeting the requirement. Comments left after the giveaway/contest has closed will not be valid toward the contest.
- Contact information is a requirement for entry: name and a valid email address is required. Other non-personal information may be required/requested for entry. This information will not be shared with the giveaway sponsor unless it is stated in the contest/giveaway blog post itself.
- Our giveaways/contests are by no means sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or any other social media platform. You may use them to earn additional entries, but you are not required to use them to enter. None of these social media channels are responsible if you don’t win.
- No purchase is ever necessary to win a Jersey Family Fun prize in an online contest.
- Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
- We will pick 1 winner. The winner will receive 1 Educational Insights’ Blurt Game. Winners agree to provide contact and shipping information to Jersey Family Fun and/or the giveaway sponsor, including full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- The winner will be shipped the prize by Educational Insights. The prize can take up to 4 weeks to arrive, depending on availability, location of winner, and other unforeseen issues. If you have not received the prize within 4 weeks, please contact Melanie. While Jersey Family Fun does its best to ensure winners receive their prizes in a timely manner, we are not responsible for items lost in the mail or for any other reason delayed or not received.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select a winner. View our how to use Rafflecopter video here.
- Unless otherwise stated, giveaways and contests are only available to residents in the United States. Unless stated otherwise ticket and giftcard prizes are only valid in New Jersey and for specific dates/performances. Void where prohibited by law.
- You have until Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at midnight to enter. The winner will be announced, Wednesday, July 8, 2015. Please claim your prize by emailing us back your name and mailing address to Melanie. All prizes not claimed will either remain with the company sponsor or Jersey Family Fun to be used at a later date.