Eat, Stay and Play in the Catskills, New York
Have you ever considered a family vacation to the Catskills?
Until recently I hadn’t considered traveling to the Catskills, New York, but after some time talking to Great Northern Catskills of Greene County, the idea started to intrigue me. Show me picturesque sights with mountains, waterfalls, and trails. Tell me about how I can explore the outdoors with my family. Invite me on an adventure with my family and I’m hooked. Throw in some skiing and it will be that much easier to convince my husband to pack up and take off on another family vacation.
While our first visit to the Catskills might have been in the winter, the Catskills offers activities and things to do for families year round.
Eat: Catskills Restaurants in Windham
We spent most of our days at the Windham Mountain Resort. At night, we enjoyed dining at local Windham restaurants.
- Click over to read about Windham Mountain Resort restaurants and dining options.
- During the first night of our stay, we had dinner at the Winwood Inn’s Rock N’ Mexicana Cantina Grill. This on-site restaurant offers traditional Mexican fare like tacos, burritos, nachos and quesadillas. Rock N’ Mexicana also offers traditional cuisine like burgers, and steaks. Gluten free and vegetarian options are available. You can see our pictures from the Rock N’ Mexicana in this article, Windham Mountain Resort restaurants and dining options.
- On the second night of our family trip to Windham, New York, we were hosted by Hammo’s Brewpub & Lodge. Not only was the food delicious in Windham, but also the service and atmosphere were excellent. Click over to read about our delicious experience at Hammo’s, a Windham Restaurant in the Catskills.
- For our last dinner on this family vacation to the Catskills, the Chicken Run Windham restaurant hosted us for dinner. Located right between the Windham Mountain Resort and the Winwood Inn, this was a very convenient local restaurant. Click over to read about our Chicken Run dinner and the special ways this Catskills restaurant goes out of their way to make families feel at home.
Stay: Catskills Hotels & Lodging Options
For our first family vacation to the Catskills, we were guests of the Winwood Inn & Condos in Windham, New York. The Winwood Inn is conveniently located right off Route 23 and about a mile away from the Windham Mountain Resort, which offers skiing and many family friendly activities. Read about our stay at the Winwood Inn & Condos complete with video tours of two room options.
Play: Things to do with Kids in the Catskills
While my husband and sons spent the majority of their time skiing at the Windham Mountain Resort, the Catskills area offers much more to do.
- Click over to read how my boys learned to ski at the Windham Mountain Resort ski school.
- Learn about winter Windham Mountain Resort activities in this post, Awesome Ways to Spend a Winter Weekend at Windham Adventure Park.
- Visit the Great Northern Castkills of Greene County for more ideas of things to do in the Catskills.
Plan a visit to the Catskill’s Windham, New York your family’s next ski vacation.