I received a media rate while staying at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Times Square. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families New York hotels we think your family may enjoy.
Just over two weeks ago I headed out alone to New York City… Times Square no less. Sure we’ve covered New York City on Jersey Family Fun and I’ve been there for a few events. However, I had never visited Times Square on my own, let alone spent a night in the the Big Apple by myself. With invites in hand for a MyPrintly event on Sunday and a Disney Social Media Moms one the following morning this was a perfect opportunity for me to get out there and have my first overnight in New York. If I could get around Times Square on my own, then a family trip to New York for our family travel series would be very doable.
For so many reasons, this weekend turned out to be a great one for me and Jersey Family Fun. We hit the 10,000 Facebook Fans milestone (thank you) and things are happening for this blog I created almost 5 years ago. The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Times Square was the perfect place to be to enjoy this weekend and the accomplishments. I could feel the excitement of the city, see the great views of Times Square, all while having quite moments in my room that really gave me the time to stop and soak up the minutes. Yes, even in one of the world’s busiest cities my room was peaceful.
I traveled into the city on a New Jersey Transit bus into the Port Authority. From there it was just a short walk to the DoubleTree Suites. In fact you might miss it if you blink, but once you see the elevated seating and the outdoor tables in Times Square, the DoubleTree is right there. (The nature of this trip being part of two back to back adult events prevented me from having my kids on this adventure.)
I arrived before regular check in, so my room wasn’t quite ready but I still got my DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie. I took advantage of the concierge to hold my bags and headed over to the bar to have a sweet tea. Before I even finished my drink, I got the call my room was ready. I couldn’t wait to check out my DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Times Square room and the view. Take a look.
Our video tour of our room at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Times Square
Our DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Times Square suite included:
- A living room area
- Sofa bed
- Coffee table
- Flat-screen HDTV
- Coffee maker
- Desk with chair and telephone
- Flat-screen HDTV
- A dresser
- 2 Nightstands
- Iron/ironing board
- Complimentary toiletries
While I enjoyed my time with MyPrintly, Disney, and my blogging friends, I was bummed I did not get more time to enjoy my room. Sleeping in in that DoubleTree bed would have been a nice way to add to the weekend’s fun. Late check out is available. Perhaps next time, I was up early by 6 am in order to get breakfast and head to the Disney Social Media Moms conference a few blocks away at the New Amsterdam Theater.
With some promotions a complimentary breakfast buffet is included. From hot foods to cold cereals, from an omelet station to a fruit bar, there was plenty of gluten free options for me to chose from. I also know my kids would have found plenty to fill their bellies. While the restaurant was empty at that early hour there was also plenty of seating for those times when it might be more crowded.
I filled my belly, took some last pictures of my room, and then reluctantly checked out. Seeing what I have of Times Square, I can’t wait to come back with the kids.
What you should know if you stay at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Times Square.
- The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Times Square is located at 1568 Broadway, New York, New York.
- Plan ahead for your meals. Here are some options you can consider.
- Eat in the hotel restaurant, Ginger (see our pictures on Facebook from their breakfast buffet).
- The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Times Square has a bar with plenty of seating in an open area.
- There are many restaurants within walking distance.
- There is no pool at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Times Square.
- If you are traveling with babies or toddlers
- Cribs and highchairs are available by request.
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Times Square is a Pet Friendly hotel. The hotel welcomes pets under 60 pounds, for a non-refundable fee of $50.00 per pet. DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Times Square also welcomes all service animals.
- Wireless high-speed Internet access is available for free with some hotel offers.
- Room Rates may vary so it’s best to check the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Times Square for rates and availability or call 1-212-719-1600.
We’re sharing a preview of pictures from our Facebook album below. To view more DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Times Square photos visit our Facebook Gallery.
Please click over to here for current DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Times Square offers.
Click over to see the rest of our Family Travel to New York City series.
To arrange a feature on your location contact Jennifer Auer, Jersey Family Fun publisher.
In full disclosure, I received a media rate while staying at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Times Square. My opinions are honest and based on my experiences.