Dorbrook Recreation Area – Monmouth County, NJ – Parks & Playgrounds
3 Reasons My Family Loves Dorbrook Recreation Area
- It’s surrounded by a beautiful shady and grassy area. Our family loves to pack a big blanket and snacks to bring with us. When the kids need a break from playing in the sun, we stretch out under a tree to relax for a few minutes.
- It’s in walking distance to the Dorbrook Sprayground, a super fun and free spray park open during the summer months. My kids love visiting the Sprayground until they get cold, and then getting changed and playing on the playground to warm up.
- The squishy, rubbery ground makes it really hard to skin a knee or elbow when someone takes a tumble. My 3 year-old tends to be a bit accident-prone and there were no tears after a few falls.
Enjoying the balance beam at Dorbrook Recreation Area
What Dorbrook Recreation Area offers:
- Swings – baby, regular, and handicap-accessible
- Balance beam
- Sway boat
- Sandbox area with diggers
- Monkey bars
- Picnic tables
Dorbrook Recreation Area is a universally accessible playground and includes elevated surfaces that are accessible to those in wheelchairs and Braille signs for individuals who are visually impaired. A 2.3 mile paved trail winds its way around and through the north side of this park.
Enjoy a shady picnic after spending time on the playground!
Dorbrook Recreation Area is located at 209 County Route 537 East in Colts Neck, NJ 07722 in Monmouth County.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.
In full disclosure this is not a sponsored post.