I was honored to be invited to the #PixarCocoEvent, a Disney press junket for Disney Pixar COCO, the featurette Olaf’s Frozen Adventure, TV-movie Big Hero 6: Baymax Returns, and other ABC TV programming. As a Disney Pixar COCO press guest, my expenses will be covered in return for a series of articles about my experiences and reviews of the programming.
These past few months have flown by! It was just about three months ago that I was at the first Disney Pixar COCO press junket. It was so fascinating to learn how much work goes into the production of a Disney Pixar movie. COCO has been no different. The team at Disney Pixar have been working on this movie for years and it shows. While I haven’t seen the whole movie yet, I can tell you that based on what I learned no stone was left unturned.
The COCO creators researched Mexican cultures by visiting the area frequently so that the Mexican culture could be represented in COCO authentically. As we watched the beginning 30 minutes, I watched my friends, with Mexican and Latino roots laugh as they saw their own family members in the characters of COCO. I knew the writing and producing team had gotten it right.
The animation of COCO will blow you away from having layers of lighting in the Land of the Dead to making sure the skeletons’ bones all move in a realistic way as they run and walk between the Land of the Living and the Land of the Dead. I left that first Pixar COCO junket wanting to know more. My mind had been opened to the richness of the Mexican culture and the value they place on family and I couldn’t get enough. But guess what?
I thought I was going to have to wait till November 22 to see Pixar COCO in theaters, but I recently learned I won’t have to wait. With a little pixie dust in my email inbox, I was thrilled to get invited to attend the second Disney Pixar COCO Press Junket, this time with a red carpet premiere. Keep reading to learn why I am so excited and how YOU can join me in the excitement.
18 Things I’ll do in LA for the Disney Pixar COCO Press Junket
Making New Friends & See Old Friends….
Twenty-five bloggers were invited to attend the Disney Pixar COCO Press Junket. I’ve been blessed with 3 Disney press junkets this year. I’ve made some great memories getting to know these women on other press junkets and at blogger conferences this past year. I’m excited to learn more about them and to meet other Disney bloggers for the first time. Take a look at the mom bloggers who will be joining me on my trip.
Bloggers attending the Disney Pixar COCO Press Junket
I’m sharing their articles about this exciting Disney Pixar COCO Press Junket as well. Read below and click over to their sites to get to know them and read what they have to say about this exciting COCO press trip.
- Melissa Au from ASparkleOfGenius.com ~ Coming Soon
- Jennifer Padgett from FiveDollarShake.net ~ I’m Going to Los Angeles for the #PixarCocoEvent
- Melanie Kampman from GiveAwayBandit.com ~ Coming Soon
- Tania Lamb from LolaLambchops.com ~ Coming Soon
- Shell Feiss from NotQuiteSusie.com ~ Coming Soon
- Kim Ritter from TwoKidsAndACoupon.com ~ Follow the #PixarCocoEvent For COCO Movie Exclusives and More
- Amy Fulcher from AsTheBunnyHops.com ~ CHECK OUT THE #PIXARCOCOEVENT SCHEDULE
- Candy Olivares from CandyPo.com ~ Coming Soon
- Laura Gontchar from CelebrateWomanToday.com ~ Exhilarating Trip To Hollywood Pixar Premier of COCO #PixarCocoEvent
- Taty Pradilla from CoolMomsCoolTips.com ~ I AM GOING TO THE DISNEY PIXAR COCO EVENT! #PIXARCOCOEVENT
- Myrah Duque from CouponMamacita.com ~ Disney Pixar COCO Red Carpet Event Los Angeles – I’m Going!
- Kathy Cano-Murillo from CraftyChica.com ~ Coming Soon
- Donna Hup from DonnaHup.com ~ I’m Headed to LA for Disney Pixar’s Coco Event!
- Enza Ketcham from EnzasBargains.com ~ Disney Pixar COCO Red Carpet Event – I’m GOING! #PixarCocoEvent
- Debra Muccio from FindingDebra.com ~ Coming Soon
- Kate Hamernik from HighlightsAlongTheWay.com ~ I’m Going to Los Angeles! #PixarCOCOEvent
- Jeannette Kaplun from HispanaGlobal.net ~ Getting Ready For LA And Disney Pixar’s Coco Premiere
- Jessica Simms from JaysSweetNSourLife.com ~ Los Angeles Here I Come – I’m Attending The #PixarCocoEvent
- Silvia Martinez from MamaLatinaTips.com ~ Coming Soon
- Brenda Cisneros from MejorandoMiHogar.com ~ Coming Soon
- Sarah Mock from SavoringTheGood.com ~ A preview of the #PixarCocoEvent. What we will be seeing and doing!
- Elayna Fernandez from ThePositiveMom.com ~ Coming Soon
- Theresa Pickett from TheresasReviews.com ~ Coming Soon
- Olivia Douglass from ThisNThatWithOlivia.com ~ I’m Heading to Los Angeles for the #PixarCocoEvent
Screening and Watching 2 Disney movies, 1 Disney featurette and 2 ABC shows ….
Our goal for the Disney Pixar COCO Press Junket is to generate buzz and excitement for the new and upcoming Disney movies & ABC shows. We’ll screen movies and previews that will be great for family movie night at the movie theater and nights around the TV. We’ll also see shows that are better for mom and dad to watch after the kids go to bed.
Premiere Screening of COCO and the featurette Olaf’s Frozen Adventure
COCO and the featurette Olaf’s Frozen Adventure opens in theatres on November 22, 2017
About Disney Pixar COCO
Despite his family’s baffling generations-old ban on music, Miguel (voice of newcomer Anthony Gonzalez) dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol, Ernesto de la Cruz (voice of Benjamin Bratt). Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead following a mysterious chain of events. Along the way, he meets charming trickster Hector (voice of Gael García Bernal), and together, they set off on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel’s family history.
Click over to see my stories from my first Pixar COCO Event press junket. We have printables, more movie trailers, details about all the animation and research that went into Disney Pixar COCO, and more.
Animating Disney Pixar COCO
- What Makes Disney Pixar Coco so Special? #PixarCocoEvent
- Bringing the Disney Pixar Coco Skeletons to Life through Technology, Crafts, and Jokes
- Bringing Mexican Folk Art to Disney Pixar COCO with Alebrijes
About Olaf’s Frozen Adventure
Olaf (voice of Josh Gad) teams up with Sven on a merry mission in Walt Disney Animation Studios’ 21-minute featurette “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure.” It’s the first holiday season since the gates reopened and Anna (voice of Kristen Bell) and Elsa (voice of Idina Menzel) host a celebration for all of Arendelle. When the townspeople unexpectedly leave early to enjoy their individual holiday customs, the sisters realize they have no family traditions of their own. So, Olaf sets out to comb the kingdom to bring home the best traditions and save this first Christmas for his friends. Directed by Emmy®-winning filmmakers Kevin Deters and Stevie Wermers-Skelton (“Prep & Landing”), produced by Oscar® winner Roy Conli (“Big Hero 6”), and featuring a screenplay by Jac Schaeffer and four original songs by Elyssa Samsel and Kate Anderson, “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure” opens in front of Disney•Pixar’s original feature “Coco” in U.S. theaters on Nov. 22, 2017.
Screen the 11/15 episode of Designated Survivor
Designated Survivor airs on ABC Wednesdays at 10/9c
About the hit ABC show Designated Survivor
In Season Two of the hit ABC drama “Designated Survivor,” Kiefer Sutherland returns as Tom Kirkman, a lower-level cabinet member who is suddenly appointed President of the United States after a catastrophic attack on the U.S. Capitol during the State of the Union.
Now, one year later, President Kirkman finds his feet as commander in chief as he closes the ring on the terrorists who destroyed the Capitol and manages the daily flow of crises inside the West Wing. He’ll take on some of the world’s most urgent and controversial matters with the help of his aides, including three new series regulars: offbeat but brilliant political director Lyor Boone; the new resident legal eagle, White House Counsel Kendra Daynes; and M1-6 operative Damian Renneett who forms an unlikely alliance with FBI agent Hannah Wells and the White House.
Screen the brand new TV-movie Big Hero 6: Baymax Returns
Big Hero 6: Baymax Returns premieres Monday, November 20th from 8:00-9:00 p.m. EST, with a one-hour primetime television movie.
About the Big Hero 6: Baymax Returns
Disney XD’s animated series Big Hero 6, picks up immediately following the events of the Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Academy Award-winning feature film and continues the adventures and friendship of Hiro, the fourteen-year-old orphaned tech genius and Baymax, his very special plus-sized inflatable healthcare companion.
As the new kid at San Fransokyo Institute of Technology, Hiro faces daunting academic challenges at the prestigious “nerd school” and the social trials of being the “little man on campus.” Luckily, Hiro has his brains, his ingenuity and his best friend bot to help him find his way. But it’s off campus where things get dangerous. Along with neat freak Wasabi, bubbly mad scientist Honey Lemon, fanboy Fred and no nonsense Go Go, the friends form an unlikely, but awesome super hero team – Big Hero 6. Together they face madness and mayhem as a colorful array of science-enhanced villains threaten San Fransokyo.
Screen the 11/8 episode of Kevin (Probably) Saves the World
Kevin (Probably) Saves the World airs on ABC Tuesdays at 10/9c
About Kevin (Probably) Saves the World
Kevin Finn (Jason Ritter) is not a good person. He’s not terrible, but he’s selfish, and clueless, and values material wealth and status over all else. And he’s beginning to realize that those things aren’t making him happy – in fact, he’s fairly miserable. Just when things seem to be at their worst, he finds himself tasked with an unbelievable mission… saving the world.
On a dangerous path of despair, Kevin returns to his childhood home in Texas to crash with his widowed twin sister, Amy (JoAnna Garcia Swisher), and teenaged niece, Reese (Chloe East). It is a strained homecoming – he and his family have grown apart over the years – and Kevin has no real hope that anything will get better. But a series of fantastic events, including a meteorite landing near the house, lead Kevin to meet an unlikely celestial guide, Yvette (Kimberly Hébert Gregory). Yvette delivers incredible news to Kevin: in every generation, there are 36 righteous souls on Earth whose mere existence protects the word. Kevin, she tells him, is the last of the 36 righteous. Humanity has been thrown into crisis. Without the 36, the world will begin to lose the one thing that allows us to persevere through the ups and downs of life: hope.
Now Kevin has a mission, whether he wants it or not: “power up” his soul through acts of kindness and selflessness, so that he can eventually find and anoint a new generation of righteous. Yvette will serve as his protector and teacher, a drill sergeant with divine authority, even if she’s the least angel-like person he’s ever met.
I’ll be tweeting throughout the three-day press junket with #PixarCocoEvent. But Tuesday evening in particular from 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm (LA TIME 10 pm- 11:30 pm NJ Time)~ We’ll have dinner while watching & live tweeting the East Coast feed of Kevin (Probably) Saves the World with the show’s Creators & Executive Producers Michele Fazekas & Tara Butters. Follow along with these hashtags #ABCTVEvent and #KevinProbably
Interviewing talented actors, showrunners, and directors ….
This is where I’d love your help, yes YOU! Look at this impressive line up of actors, directors, producers, and just all around amazing talent. If you were in a room with them face to face what would you ask them? Let me know. Comment below with your questions. Send me an email at Jenniferauer@jerseyfamilyfun.com or email us through our Jersey Family Fun Facebook page. You can even send me a tweet tagging @Jerseyfamilyfun. I want to hear from YOU and YOUR KIDS. Start sending over your questions so I can get some answers, the sooner the better.
As part of the Disney Bloggers, we are scheduled to interview these actors, directors, showrunners and more.
- Group interview with talent from Disney Pixar COCO – Follow along with this hashtag #PixarCocoEvent
- Gael Garcia Bernal (voice of “Hector”)
- Benjamin Bratt (voice of “Ernesto de la Cruz”)
- Director Lee Unkrich, Writer & Co-Director Adrian Molina & Producer Darla K. Anderson
- Anthony Gonzalez (voice of “Miguel”) & Alanna Ubach (“Mama Imelda”)
- Question and answer session with Designated Survivor Showrunner Keith Eisner – Follow along with these hashtags #ABCTVEvent and #DesignatedSurvivor
- Question and answer session with Kevin (Probably) Saves the World show Creators & Executive Producers Michele Fazekas & Tara Butters. – Follow along with these hashtags #ABCTVEvent and #KevinProbably
- Question and answer session with photos with Big Hero 6 The Series Executive Producers Mark McCorkle, Bob Schooley & Nick Filippi – Follow along with this hashtag #BigHero6
- Question and answer session with Olaf’s Frozen Adventure Directors Stevie Wermers-Skelton & Kevin Deters and Producer Roy Conli – Follow along with this hashtag #OlafsFrozenAdventure
Walking the Red Carpet for the Premiere of Disney Pixar COCO
Wednesday night we head for the El Capitan Theatre and arrive at the red carpet premiere of COCO. After the red carpet, we’ll be part of the premiere party for COCO. Then we excitedly will have to turn in our phones and cameras while we watch the premiere screening of COCO and the featurette Olaf’s Frozen Adventure.
Learning to Draw Olaf
This I can’t tell you too much about. But it’s on our schedule. Disney is known for sprinkling a bit of pixie dust on bloggers during their press junkets to help them have really unique experiences. During the Beauty and the Beast press junket, those experiences came in the way of a musical performance from Alan Menken, Dan Stevens and Josh Gad and getting a virtual reality experience of being serenaded Be Our Guest just as Belle was when she sat down to that magical dining room table.
Take Sleigh Photos
I have to say the same as above regarding sleigh photos. Will it be a green screen we post with pretending there’s a real sleigh? Will we climb into a real sleigh? I can’t wait to see how ‘cool’ this experience is.
You can follow along with me ….
So much of what we do as bloggers and influencers is online. We’re on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and more. What makes this Disney Pixar COCO Press Junket especially exciting is that you, our readers, and fans can follow along wherever you are. If you’re at home entertaining a little one, waiting in the carpool lane at school pick up, stuck in line at the grocery store, or looking for a fun excuse to waste time before lunch, you can watch these hashtags and participate. Share with me your comments, questions, and excitement.
Disney Pixar COCO Press Junket hashtags to follow
- Throughout the press junket we’ll be using #PixarCocoEvent
- Tuesday evening, our social media posts will include #ABCTVEvent, #DesignatedSurvivor and #KevinProbably
- Wednesday morning, we’ll be using #BigHero6
- Wednesday afternoon, we’ll be using #OlafsFrozenAdventure
- Wednesday evening follow along with #PixarCocoEvent
- Thursday morning we’ll use #PixarCocoEvent
More Disney Pixar COCO Articles You’ll Love
- How to Teach Kids about Day of the Dead Día De Los Muertos
- Read about families that celebrate the Day of the Dead and learn more about their culture. We have some suggestions in this blog post, The Best Children’s Books About Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos).
- Headed to San Francisco for the #PixarCocoEvent & Bringing Back Gifts for Our Readers
Disney Pixar COCO opens in theaters on November 22, 2017.
Click over to read more from our #PixarCocoEvent series
For more information about COCO visit the COCO Official Channels
- TWITTER: twitter.com/PixarCoco
- FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/PixarCoco/
- INSTAGRAM: instagram.com/PixarCoco
I can’t wait to share with you my stories from the second Disney Pixar COCO Press Junket, but don’t forget I want YOU to be a part of them. Please comment below with your questions and what you want to know.