This post was sponsored by Feld Entertainment. We appreciate their support of
Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information
about family friendly shows in New Jersey we think your family may enjoy.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls …
Disney is huge in our family as is ice skating, so when Disney on Ice comes to town we make sure we go! This edition of Disney on Ice is the exciting “100 Years of Magic” with characters from 18 Disney stories!
It was freezing outside but nothing would stop us from getting our Disney fix!
As you enter the arena there’s no doubt you’re in the right place! Vendors sell programs, snacks, lighted toys and all kinds of Disney souvenirs. You can even get your picture taken with Mickey.
Time for Disney On Ice: Let’s Celebrate!…
Disney On Ice: 100 Years of Magic is chock full of your favorite characters and some top notch ice skating! After a welcome from Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and Goofy, Donald Duck comes out in a Zamboni, with Chip and Dale skating behind! And then the stories begin.
The Disney On Ice: 100 Years of Magic acts you’ll see are:
- Aladdin, complete with 20 genies!
- Finding Nemo – watch out for the huge shark.
- Chip and Mrs. Potts, Lumiere and Belle. Will it be the Beast, or Gaston to win Belle’s heart?
- The Disney Princesses, every girl’s favorite! You’ll see Jasmine, Ariel, Cinderella, Pocahontas, Snow White along with their princes.
- Toy Story! My son’s favorite was the green army men.
- It’s a Small World. The classic Disney ride comes to life with a variety of countries represented. The displays light up at the end just like the Main Street Electrical Parade at Walt Disney World. A special guest even comes in in a hot air balloon.
- After intermission get ready to march as a band comes out to play the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song! Stitch makes an appearance too, to cause trouble of course!
- Be amazed as the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio floats down onto the ice. A unicycle comes out on the ice and my children both yelled, “How do they do that?”
- Get ready for battle with Mulan. Remember, she’s not just a princess!
- Edna Mode comes out to tell you all about how she costumed the Incredibles. Watch Mr. Incredible closely for one stellar move on the ice!
- Hakuna Matata! Your favorite safari animals are out to show off their ice skating talents.
- And it’s the finale! All your favorites come out to wave goodbye.
Be ready for 2 hours of fun but WAIT! Don’t leave yet – we were treated to a 15 minute behind the scenes show that taught us about the costuming, lighting, and props. The performers came out and showed us some of their best moves too.
Here are 3 reasons why my family LOVED Disney On Ice: 100 Years of Magic:
- The show is Disney quality! Every detail is thought of, and the storylines are followed as in the movies. You’ll definitely find yourself singing along to the classic movie music.
- The ice skating maneuvers are impressive! The performers are talented and then when you factor in the elaborate costuming some wear, their skills are amazing.
- The awe and excitement on my children’s faces when they saw the next characters to come out was contagious! No matter your age, you can’t help but smile when your children are so enraptured!
Disney On Ice: 100 Years of Magic is a must see! If a trip to Disney World isn’t in your future (or even if it is!), take a trip to Disney on Ice! At the Izod Center through January 5th, at the Prudential Center January 15th-20th, and Sun National Bank Center January 29-February 2nd.