We were provided with tickets to the advanced screening of the Disney Frozen Movie
from Allied Marketing. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to
share with families Disney family movies that we think your family may enjoy.
Unlike any Disney movie, let the Disney Frozen movie melt your heart this winter.
About the Disney Frozen movie
Walt Disney Animation Studios, the studio behind “Tangled” and “Wreck-It Ralph,” presents “Frozen,” a stunning big-screen comedy adventure. Fearless optimist Anna (voice of Kristen Bell) sets off on an epic journey—teaming up with rugged mountain man Kristoff (voice of Jonathan Groff) and his loyal reindeer Sven—to find her sister Elsa (voice of Idina Menzel), whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom of Arendelle in eternal winter. Encountering Everest-like conditions, mystical trolls and a hilarious snowman named Olaf (voice of Josh Gad), Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom.
I have 3 boys. My husband and I grew up watching Disney movies, that are now classics. We’ve shown them to our kids to love as much as we do. And as they continue to grow we find new Disney classics to love.
I’ve noticed of the last few Disney princess movies that the princesses have changed. They are more empowered. They control their own destinies. These are all characteristics I admire. But this latest Disney Frozen Movie, totally turns everything you thought Disney could say about true love upside down. The act of love to save the princess Anna is unlike anything Disney has shown us and I LOVE IT! I can not say much more without spoiling the ending.
What I loved about the Disney Frozen movie
- Female princesses are empowered.
- There is a lot of great music in the Disney Frozen Movie Soundtrack. Before the movie ends one of these songs is going to be your favorite.
- The story of sisterly love will touch your heart and maybe get your own children to play together nicer.
- Surprise twists at a few locations, just when you think you know what is going to happen, the story twists in a new direction.
- There were several little lessons within the movie.
- The graphics were amazing. What the animators were able to create from the snow and ice was magical and awe-inspiring.
- Words and humor that will have you smiling throughout the holidays. My favorite from Olaf, “Some people are worth melting for.”
There is a snow monster that could be scary to some children, but those scenes do not get violent. It’s basically a very large snow monster that tries to keep the characters from getting to the princesses. The persistent humor of Olaf will have your child forgetting about the snow creature. After all here’s a snowman that dreams of vacationing in a tropical area. My children LOVED the Disney Frozen movie. There were no nightmares, and days later they are still talking about it.
Go see the Disney Frozen movie with the kids, it’s the perfect holiday family movie.
Need more help selecting family friendly movies? Visit Jersey Family Fun’s Family Movie Reviews series.
In full disclosure, we were provided with tickets to the advanced screening of Frozen to make our review possible. As always, our opinions are honest and based on our own experiences with the movie. The link for the Frozen Movie Soundtrack is an Amazon affiliate link. If you make a purchase we will get a tiny commission to use toward the costs of this site.