Diggerland USA, Buckets of Fun for Everyone!
The owners and senior management of Sahara Sam’s Oasis are quickly gaining industry recognition for their year over year capital expansions, evolution, and success. Their latest surprise unveiled plans at a January 14th press conference to construct Diggerland USA, a construction themed adventure park where children and their families drive, ride, and operate heavy machinery in a safe family-friendly environment. Sahara Sam’s will again set the bar for amusement innovation as Diggerland USA becomes the first park of its kind in North America. Four Diggerland Adventure parks currently exist in the United Kingdom.
We were so excited to attend the press conference at Sahara Sams Oasis in West Berlin, New Jersey last week. We knew they were going to announce an amazing new theme park coming to South Jersey, the first of it’s kind in the United States. As soon as the owners rode into the press conference on a piece of construction equipment I knew Diggerland USA was going to be fun for all ages. Everyone in the room was hooked as Ilya Girlya spoke about Diggerland USA stating “Boys and Girls, Moms and Dads have all played with Tonka Trucks when they were small and all of us played with little excavators.” He was right kids and parents of all ages have played with toy construction equipment all of our lives. We pretend that we are digging in the sand with our kids, or driving around to complete a project in a toy backhoe and now we can bring that pretend play to life. I can’t wait to see the look on my kids faces when they step into Diggerland for the first time.
Key Points about Diggerland USA.
- Diggerland USA is a construction based themed adventure park, being constructed by the indoor/outdoor water park Sahara Sams.
- Diggerland USA is slated to open in the Summer of 2014.
- The theme park will sit on 14 acres of land, located off of Cooper Ave behind the existing water park.
- The majority of the attractions are compromised of modified JCB Heavy Construction equipment.
- The rides have been engineered so that parents and children can ride either themselves or together.
- Diggerland USA incorporates the hands on operation of construction machinery for the entire family.
- All equipment has been modified for use on a course or it has been made stationary by design for use in excavation areas.
- Diggerland USA anticipates a 9 month operating schedule based on seasonality and will run into December with weekend and holiday events.
- Ticket prices will be between the twenty to mid thirty dollar mark for a full day ticket.
- To maintain a pleasant experience for Diggerland USA guests tickets will be capacity controlled and date specific.
- In addition to daily admission Diggerland USA will also host
- Children’s Birthday Parties
- Group Bookings
- Corporate Retreats
- Company Picnics
Diggerland USA Attractions
There will be over 23 Diggerland USA attractions including
- Spin Dizzy – A park staple this ride booms the arm of a 20 ton JCB JS220L Excavator up and down while spinning in circles. The ride holds 8 passengers at a time who are harnessed into the seats of a modified bucket.
- Sky Shuttle – A JCB 540 Telehandler, which is capable of moving 15 guests at a time 5 stories into the sky.
- Backhoe Adventure – 4 riders and a ride marshall will climb onto the cab of a modified JCB 3CX Backhoe for a mystery tour while taking turns behind the wheel of the machine.
- Kids Zone will feature play equipment for smaller guests
- Excavator Express
- Rock Climbing
- Multiple Train Rides
- Ropes Course
- Swamp Buggy Attraction
- Mini – Diggers
- Dining Pavilion
Sneak Peak at Diggerland USA Merchandise
As a mom of 7 of course I had to see what kinds of merchandise would be available. I was quite happy to see so many brightly colored souvenirs for boys and girls of all ages, and their parents too! My favorite were the Diggerland USA Hard Hats available in pink or yellow!
- Toy JCB Construction Vehicles
- Stuffed Animals
- Coloring Books
To learn more visit the Diggerland USA website.
You can also follow Diggerland USA on their Facebook and Twitter Pages.
To see more Diggerland USA photos from the press conference visit our Facebook Album.