This post was made possible by DiDonato’s Fun Center, who provided us with passes at no charge. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about Atlantic County holiday events and New Jersey holiday trains we think families will enjoy.
All Aboard! DiDonato’s Magical Holiday Express Train Ride is a must-do this holiday season!
My family and I love the holidays, and we are always looking for new and exciting things to do together around this time of year. When we heard there was a new holiday train ride in New Jersey, we had to check it out! DiDonato’s Fun Center, in Hammonton, is a well known 26 lane bowling alley, with a bar and grill, that has recently added a mini golf course, and the Magical Express Holiday Train Ride.
The first thing we noticed when we arrived for the DiDonato’s Magical Holiday Express train ride was how friendly the staff at DiDonato’s was! Everyone was helpful and friendly and had a smile on their face! While the kids waited for their turn to ride the train, the staff talked with them about what they were planning on asking Santa for this year, which part of the display was their favorite, and of course, which color train car they were hoping to board!
My kids chose the front car, and our family had it all to ourselves. As we made our way around the dazzling light displays, we listened to the Christmas music play and soaked it all in. The train went around the area twice, and staff encouraged everyone to switch sides of the train for the second loop in order to make sure they didn’t miss a single thing! My son loved the sound of the train whistle and the brightly lit tunnel!
After our ride, we went into Santa’s cozy workshop, which was all decorated for Christmas! There was a desk inside with pencils and paper, where children could write their wish lists for Santa, as well as a cute corner complete with a Christmas Tree where the big man himself was waiting to take photos with everyone. Santa took his time with each of the children, talking about what they were asking for this year, and making sure to get the perfect pose! Santa had elves on duty to help out with photos as well, so everyone could get in the picture! We really enjoyed our time at DiDonato’s Family Fun Center, and we are sure you will too!
Some things to know before you experience DiDonato’s Magical Holiday Express Train Ride…
- DiDonato’s Magical Holiday Express train ride tickets can be purchased in advance, through the website (www.didonatofuncenter.com/outdoor-train) which is recommended, as timeslots do sell out. Tickets are $14.95 per person. Children under 12 months do not need a ticket
- If you ride the Magical Express Train on a Sunday – Thursday night, you will receive one free game of bowling and shoe rental, or one free round of indoor galactic mini-golf per person.
- Make sure to bring your camera, as there are so many great photo ops around the area! Staff is available everywhere, and will offer to take photos of your family, so take advantage!
- Bundle up! The train ride is outdoors, and you will want to stay warm!
- Hot Cocoa is available inside the bowling alley after your ride!
- The Magical Express Train runs 7 nights a week from November 17 – December 31
- Come hungry, the restaurant on site serves great food!
Check out more of our pictures of the DiDonato’s Magical Holiday Express train ride in our Facebook Album. See a preview below.
DiDonato’s Family Fun Center is located at 1151 S. White Horse Pike, in Hammonton, Atlantic County.
To arrange a feature on your location or purchase advertising on Jersey Family Fun contact, email@example.com.