Minions like bananas, my munchkins like sweet treats.
With Despicable Me 2 movie coming out this week, I decided to take advantage of the rainy weather and make yummy minions with my kids.
Supplies to make Edible Despicable Me Minions
- Snack cakes that are shaped like minions (We used Tastykake Dreamies)
- Wilton candy eyes
- Blue icing
- Decorator Gel
Directions to make Edible Despicable Me Minions
- Cut off a the end of the snack cake so that the cake is able to stand upright when complete.
- Place blue icing on the cut end to look like the minions denim shorts.
- Take the decorator gel and draw a line about an inch to an inch and a half from the rounded edge of the cake to form goggles.
- Place blue icing on the back of candy eyes and put into place on the decorator gel line.
- Add hair to the top rounded edge of the cake with decorator gel.
I hope you have as much fun creating your minions as we did.
We would love to see your minion creations.