Thing 1 and Thing 2 recently showed up at our house.
The kids came home from school last week very excited they could dress up as their favorite characters in celebration of Dr. Seuss. Logan and his best friend are in the same class so we immediately knew they had to be Thing 1 and Thing 2. We did not have enough time on our side to order a shirt so we put on our creativity caps and made our own. This was by far the easiest shirt we have ever made and now you can to.
How to create your own Dr. Seuss t-shirt
Supplies to create your own Dr. Seuss t-shirt:
- Red Shirt
- White Fabric Paint
- Black Puffy Paint
- A circular object that you can trace
- A piece of cardboard that will fit inside the shirt
Directions to create your own Dr. Seuss t-shirt:
1. Lay your shirt out flat and place a piece of cardboard on the inside of the shirt. This will keep the paint from seeping through to the other side of your shirt.
2. Place the circular object that you chose and put on top of the shirt and trace a circle onto the shirt. We used a 8 inch cake pan and it was perfect.
3. Paint the entire circle white and give it about 20 minutes to dry before moving onto step 4.
4. Using your black puffy paint write THING on the top arch on the inside of the white circle and a large number 1 or 2 in the middle of the circle.
5. Outline the white circle with the black puffy paint.
6. Let shirts dry overnight.
7. Wear and enjoy
The kids had so much fun wearing their Dr. Seuss shirts at school, they even convinced us to spray their hair blue. These would be fun shirts to make for the entire family for an outing, each family member could have their own number. These would also be very cute in a candid family portrait.
Where would you wear your Dr. Seuss shirts?
Have fun creating and be sure to share the pics with us, we would love to see them.
Click over for more Seuss-Inspired crafts.