We received 2 packs of Crayola Bright Fabric Markers at no charge, to complete this project.
We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with
families information about crafting supplies we think their family may enjoy.
- Crayola Bright Fabric Markers (when storing these make sure they are upside down, to keep the ink flowing)
- 8 bright colored fabric markers are in each pack and are perfect for dark colored fabrics.
- T-Shirt (cotton or polyester blend work best)
- The colors pop on light colored fabric
- The markers are designed to work on dark colored fabrics as well, and the colors came out fairly bright.
- Iron or Dryer
- Place cardboard or a few pieces of paper on the inside of your shirt to prevent bleed through.
- Draw your favorite designs with your Crayola Bright Fabric Markers on the t-shirt, don’t be afraid to get creative.
- Be sure to apply the ink in light layers until you reach the desired brightness.
- Let air dry.
- Have an adult do the heat set.
- Set the iron to the cotton setting
- Iron the reverse side of the design using a back and forth motion for 4 minutes.
- If you don’t have access to an iron you can tumble dry for 30 minutes on the highest setting (do not place in the dryer with other garments)
- After you have worn your shirt and you are ready to wash it, remember to wash the garment in cold water at least 3 times separate from other fabrics, as the color may bleed.
Some other creative ideas for using Crayola Bright Fabric Markers
- Recycle last year’s backpack by adding fun new artwork to it.
- Personalize your shirt with your favorite band or movie.
- Add some funkiness to a pair of sneakers.
- Customize Hats.
- Make T-Shirts as gifts for loved ones.
- Customize a tote bag for your teacher as a welcome back to school gift.
What ideas do you have for projects using Crayola Bright Fabric Markers?