CO Johnson Park- Sussex County Parks and Playgrounds
3 Reasons My Family Loves CO Johnson Park
- The “tree houses”: There are two covered platforms on the playground that look like tree houses. My kids couldn’t get enough of them. They pretended they were their houses and they went back and forth for play dates. They had so much fun in those “tree houses.”
- Riding on the cart: As part of this playground there is a cart that 1 person can sit on. Another person can turn a bar in circles and make the cart move. My kids took turns giving each other rides from one end to the other. It was a lot of fun and good exercise for the person turning the bar. It was not easy to keep turning it in order to get the other person all the way across.
- There were so many different climbing opportunities. My kids love to climb and this playground gives them lots of chances to do that. There are monkey bars made of rings, a rope bridge, ladders, and more. My kids had so much fun trying out all the different ways to climb, and none of them were super high. My 3 year old fell while climbing up one of the ladders, but it wasn’t that high, so he just jumped back up and kept playing.
What CO Johnson Park Offers
- Football field
- Baseball field
- Soccer fields
- Skate park
- Bathroom and concession stand (open during sporting events)
- Playground for younger children
- Playground for older children
- Cart to ride across in
- Ring obstacle course
- 3 slide apparatus
- Twisty slide
- Infant/toddler swings
- Regular swings
- Rope bridge
- Ladders in different sizes and shapes
- 2 slide apparatus
- Covered play house area
- Covered bench
CO Johnson Park is located at 117 Roseville Rd. in Byram in Sussex County. The park is open daily until dusk.
See more CO Johnson Park photos in our Facebook Gallery.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.