Ever try to do an internet search for a family-friendly hotel in New Jersey? If your search is like mine…you are taken to pages that just list links for places that call themselves family hotels. They give you a small thumbnail picture with a small list of amenities, but they don’t tell you anything. They don’t tell you if the room is big enough for your family, are the rooms safe for children, do they have pack ‘n’ plays or do you need to bring it from home, is there something for the kids do to. Jersey Family Fun wants to make your search for family-friendly hotels and resorts in our state and the surrounding area easier for:
- those times when your trip goes beyond the typical day trip and you want to stay somewhere overnight.
- Your friends and family are visiting and you need a comfortable fun place for them to stay.
Most recently we were invited to visit the Clarion Inn & Suites of Atlantic City. Located in Absecon, the Clarion is about a 10-15 minute drive from Atlantic City, perfect for those times when you want to visit the city but don’t necessarily want to stay in the city or one of the casinos.
At check-in we were greeted by the courteous front desk staff and Joe, who took us on a tour of the hotel. We saw the hotel rooms, conference room, indoor pool, snack bar/eating area and the fitness room. Clarion Inn & Suites offers something for everyone from the business person to the couple who needs a night away to a vacationing family. For the bloggers, like me, there is even FREE Wi-Fi. You can reserve a single-queen-size bed room with a Jacuzzi tub, a 2 queen-sized bed room, or a 3 queen-size bed suite. For parents, the 3-bed suite is a nice option. Your children can have their own beds in the main room with a parent’s bedroom connected. There is a connecting door for privacy.
After a busy day of play it was nice to come back to the Clarion Inn & Suites to experience some of their great amenities;
- Pool with Sauna – The Clarion Inn pool is an inside-heated pool ranging in depth from 3 feet to 4 feet to 5 feet. The depths were clearly marked so my kids and I knew where they would be the most comfortable swimming. The Clarion Inn provides towels as well. So if yours is all sandy and wet from a day at the beach, they’ve got you covered. The pool is open from 8 am – 10 pm. See our pictures in our Facebook Gallery. (Just a FYI, there is not a lifeguard on duty so be ready to have fun swimming with your children.)
- Snack bar – In the Clarion Inn lobby, you can buy a variety of snacks and beverages. You can either take them back to your room to enjoy or eat them in the snack area located nearby.
- Refrigerator, microwave, and televisions – I get that this is usually standard in most hotels, but this refrigerator was a decent size. You could easily fit tomorrow’s peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in it and any leftovers from dinner. Plus have room for more. The parent’s room has its own television. So mom and dad even after the kids are in bed, you can still watch a movie.
The next morning, we headed downstairs to enjoy the Clarion Inn & Suites for a Continental Breakfast complete with:
- Fresh Fruit
- 3 kinds of Cereal
- Bagels, Muffins, Danishes
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Make your own Waffle station
- Coffees, teas, milk, and juices
After we filled our bellies, we took advantage of Clarion Inn & Suites Summer Family Package. (Our review of that will be included in a separate blog.) Included with your room reservation, families get:
- Overnight Accommodation For a Family of 4 (Double Queen)
- 4 All-Day Ride Passes at Steel Pier($160 Value!)
- $20 Slot Play Voucher at Showboat Casino Per Adult(Up To $40 Value!)
- Free Round-Trip Shuttle Service To Showboat Casino (Steel Pier is behind the casino)($40 Value!)
Other Notes about the Clarion Inn & Suites of Atlantic City:
- Plenty of FREE, ample, convenient parking – The Clarion Inn has a large parking lot with most spots conveniently located near the front door.
- Check in time is 4 pm and Check Out time is 11 am but arrangements can be made for different times.
- Leave your pack and plays and cribs at home, you can request one be left in your room by the Clarion Inn staff.
- The continental breakfast is available for guests from 6 am – 10 am.
- Room rates start at $159 a night for the Summer Family Package, but check with Clarion Inn & Suites of Atlantic City for the most up-to-date information on rates.
- A shuttle bus to Atlantic City is available from 8am – 10pm (weekdays) 10am – 2am (weekends, holidays, and special events)
- Shuttle Schedule: Every hour on the hour for drop off. Every bottom half of the hour for pickup.
- Advanced Reservations are required for both the drop off & pick up.
- When not booking as part of the Summer Family Package there may be a charge for the shuttle service.
Want to see more about the Clarion Inn & Suites of Atlantic City, our video review will soon be available. Our photos can be viewed at our Facebook Gallery.