This post was sponsored on behalf of Neutrogena via One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.
What mommy does kids will mimic!
When moms #ChooseSkinHealth kids will too.
Being a family that spends a LOT of time outdoors, my children are well aware of sunscreen. I always have a bottle of Neutrogena sunscreen with me: one in the car, one in my purse, and an extra on the back deck. Even though I am vigilant about making sure my kids are protected, I realized that I sometimes forget to sunscreen myself – a big no no! Studies have shown that kids are more likely to adopt healthy habits, like applying sunscreen, if they see their moms applying it on themselves.
So when we packed up for HappyFest, an outdoor obstacle course for families, this past weekend I made sure I didn’t forget to bring the Neutrogena sunscreen skin care items. I know even on a shady day it’s important to protect ourselves from the sun.
Despite all we know about sun protection, skin cancer continues to be a health epidemic – melanoma rates in Pennsylvania are on the rise and have increased 19% in the past 10 years. Just a few (1 – 2) bad sunburns as a child almost doubles the risk of skin cancer. On average, more than 350 Americans are diagnosed with skin cancer every hour yet skin cancer is one of the most preventable cancers.
This month, Neutrogena and Major League Soccer (MLS) have joined forces for Skin Cancer Awareness Month in May to help educate families about skin cancer prevention and starting sun safe behaviors early. The color orange will be prominently featured at games to help raise campaign awareness, official match balls in play on the field (which are rarely changed) will have a Choose Skin Health decal, all MLS players will be provided with orange Choose Skin Health sweatbands that they can wear on the field to show their support, and MLS ball kids will wear Choose Skin Health t-shirts.
So how can we #ChooseSkinHealth?
- Start early! Make daily sunscreen application second nature for your kids by having them see you apply sunscreen on yourself.
- Use the right kind of sunscreen! Our picks: Neutrogena® CoolDry Sport Sunscreen for moms/dads and Neutrogena® Pure & Free® Baby Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 60+ for kids.
- Reward your kids (and yourself) for being vigilant about sunscreen application. Ice cream party, anyone?
Show me how you #ChooseSkinHealth by getting your kids to #MimicMommy – share photos or videos of you and your children applying sunscreen together and tag @Neutrogena!
And as an extra incentive to #ChooseSkinHealth for your own family, one lucky reader will win a Neutrogena/MLS prize pack!
The giveaway prize ($70 value) includes:
- MLS Ball (SRP $10)
- MLS T-Shirt (SRP $10)
- CoolDry Sport Sunscreen Broad Spectrum Lotion SPF 30 (SRP $10)
- CoolDry Sport Sunscreen Broad Spectrum Spray SPF 70 (SRP $13)
- Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 85+ 3 (SRP $13)
- Pure & Free Baby Face Ultra Gentle Cream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 45+ 2.5 (SRP $12)
Here’s your chance to win!
Some things to consider before you enter:
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants can earn a free entry by checking the first free entry box.
- You may earn an additional entry by leaving one comment on the Jersey Family Fun giveaway/contest blog post, that answers the question being asked during the timeframe of the contest. Comments that do not answer the question, while appreciated, will not be valid or count as meeting the requirement. Comments left after the giveaway/contest has closed will not be valid toward the contest.
- Contact information is a requirement for entry: name and a valid email address is required. Other non-personal information may be required/requested for entry. This information will not be shared with the giveaway sponsor unless it is stated in the contest/giveaway blog post itself.
- Our giveaways/contests are by no means sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or any other social media platform. You may use them to earn additional entries, but you are not required to use them to enter. None of these social media channels are responsible if you don’t win.
- No purchase is ever necessary to win a Jersey Family Fun prize in an online contest.
- Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
- We will pick 1 winner. Winner agree to provide contact and shipping information to Jersey Family Fun and/or the giveaway sponsor, including full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- One winner per household of any prize within a 30-day period.
- The winners will be mailed the prize by the sponsor.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select a winner. View our how to use Rafflecopter video here.
- Unless otherwise stated, giveaways and contests are only available to residents in the United States.
- You have until May 31, 2016 at midnight to enter. The winner will be announced June 1, 2016.
- Please claim your prize by emailing us back your name and mailing address to Melanie within 24 hours. All prizes not claimed will either remain with the company sponsor or Jersey Family Fun to be used at a later date.
After you’ve entered here be sure to check out our other current giveaways.