This post was sponsored by Chick-Fil-A who provided lunch for myself and friends.
It was arranged by Mom it Forward. Chick-Fil-A’s is also sponsoring
this giveaway by providing the prizes. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that
allows us to share with families giveaways & family restaurants we think their family may enjoy.
Believe it or not I have never been to a Chick-Fil-A!
That was until I was invited to host a group of friends at the Egg Harbor Township Chick-Fil-A for a special Mom’s Lunch to show off Chick-Fil-A’s new line of fresh made salads. I admit, I didn’t get what the Chick-Fil-A experience is all about. Boy, was I missing out.
What makes the Chick-Fil-A Experience different
- It’s a cross between fast food and a sit down restaurant. You place your order at the counter and then they bring you your food.
- Free refills on your drinks.
- Tablecloths and real flowers on the tables.
- Salads are made fresh at the restaurant and can be customized with a variety of condiments and ingredients.
- Family nights with special events and kids eat free nights.
- Visits from their cow mascot.
It was quite a lunch. Some of us came from office jobs and some of us got a little break from our kids at home. As moms working in and out of the home, it can be so hard to get a lunch out with friends, but in the end we were able to make this happen. It was so nice to come together for a nice relaxing lunch. Chick-Fil-A did a great job pampering us with fresh-cut flowers, drinks, food, and telling us all about their food and new salads. We each went home with gifts bags that included goodies for our kids and gift cards to come back and enjoy the salads all summer long.
Let me tell you more about the Fresh Made Chick-Fil-A Salads
Chick-Fil-A Grilled Market Salad
- Grilled and sliced chicken breast served on a fresh bed of chopped romaine lettuce and baby greens, topped with shredded red cabbage and carrots, crumbled blue cheese and a mix of red and green apples, strawberries and blueberries.
- Served with Harvest Nut Granola, Roasted Nut Blend and Zesty Apple Cider Vinaigrette (or your choice of dressing).
- The salad has 180 calories, 4 grams of fat and includes two servings of vegetables and one serving of fruit.
- My personal favorite because it’s a kicked up garden salad that has so many tastes. As one of my friends said “every bite is a new flavor.”
Chick-Fil-A Asian Salad
- Nuggets, pressure-cooked, sliced and served hot on a fresh bed of chopped romaine lettuce and baby greens, topped with shredded red and green cabbage, carrots and mandarin orange segments.
- Served with Honey Thai Almonds, Chinese Garlic & Ginger Wontons and Honey Sesame dressing (or your choice of dressing).
- The salad has 330 calories and 13 grams of fat.
- This salad definitely had a little spicy kick to it. Many of the girls picked this as their favorite.
Chick-Fil-A Cobb Salad
- Nuggets, pressure-cooked, sliced and served hot on a fresh bed of chopped romaine lettuce and baby greens, topped with shredded red cabbage and carrots, roasted corn kernels, a blend of shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses, crumbled bacon, diced eggs and grape tomatoes.
- Served with Charred Tomato Crispy Red Bell Peppers and Avocado Lime Ranch dressing (or your choice of dressing).
- The salad is 430 calories and has 39 grams of protein.
- I liked this one too. It’s a great option for a salad that you need to fill you up for a while. I was also pleasantly surprised with the Avacado Lime Ranch dressing. I wasn’t sure if I would like it but I figured, hey, why not try something new. It was yummy.
More reasons to love Chick-Fil-A
- Calorie counts for all foods are now listed on the menu boards.
- There are 2 servings of vegetables in every salad.
- Chicken, whether on your salad or not, it can be ordered grilled or fried. (Great if you need Gluten-free options.)
- Many locations have a playground. A tip from one of our friends, arrive earlier than the rush hour for a meal time. Have the kids play on the playground. Then, order your food before the rush. Your kids will work up a hunger and get to play on the playground when it’s less crowded.
- Great customer service.
- They gave us gift cards so you too can enjoy their salads.
Want to find more local family restaurants? Read our Family Restaurant Review series or visit our local Restaurant Directory.
Now onto the giveaway.
Win Fresh Made Salads from Chick-Fil-A Giveaway
Each winner gets a gift card for one salad in June and one in July.
Some things to consider before you enter:
- This contest is by no means sponsored by Facebook or Twitter. They are not responsible if you don’t win.
- We will pick 3 winners. Each winner will receive a gift card for one salad in June and one in July. The gift cards will be mailed from Jersey Family Fun.
- You must leave a comment as the first requirement of this giveaway. If you do not leave a comment below this post that answers the question asked in the Rafflecopter first entry option, your entries will be invalid. You would not be able to win.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select a winner.
- You have until Tuesday, June 11 at midnight to enter. The winner will be announced, Wednesday, June 12, 2013. Please claim your prize by emailing us back your name and mailing address to email@example.com.
After you’ve entered be sure to check out our other current giveaways.
To arrange a review of your restaurant contact Jenniferauer@jerseyfamilyfun.com.