Cattus Island Park – Ocean County Parks & Playgrounds
3 Reasons my Family Loves Cattus Island Park
- The Playground- Cattus Island’s playground is nestled in the back of the park among beautiful trees and plants. It is perfect for children of all ages as it has baby swings, big swings, slides and some really cool hiding spots in the forts.
- The Location- Cattus Island Park is over 530 acres in size. It is made up of several walking and hiking trails which take you through very picturesque woods. This park is spread out and quiet and has an almost secluded feel helping us to escape from the business of the outside world.
- Picnic Area- Cattus Island Park has many wooden tables located around the playground area. The areas are shaded by the mighty trees that surround them. There are also several grills at the picnic areas and my family and I love to grab some hot dogs and burgers and make lunch while enjoying a day at the park.
What Cattus Island Park offers
- Cooper Environmental Center: This nature center is open seven days a week from 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM. There are free public programs at the center every weekend. Click here for more info.
- 1500 foot boardwalk
- Butterfly Garden- open year round but most active between the seasons of spring to early autumn
- Baby Swings
- Older Children Swings
- Two Slides
- Animal Statues
- Picnic areas
- Hiking Trails
- Bike Trails
- Bathroom facilities
Cattus Island Park is located at Cattus Island Blvd & Corner of Fischer Blvd in Toms River in Ocean County.
See more Cattus Island Park photos in our Facebook Gallery.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.