Califon Playground ~ Hunterdon County Parks & Playgrounds
Don’t blink as you drive down Bank Street or you may miss the Califon park and playground. The hidden stone path that serves as a driveway opens up to a field of beauty. Though the park has changed in the last few years from an amazing wooden structure to a more contemporary ASTM approved playground, this little playground has lots to offer.
3 Reasons to Love Califon Park and Playground
- Due to its isolated location, Califon Playground is often very quiet. However, the playground is located near town and allows families the opportunity to park and play and walk to town. The walking path out of the park area leads directly to the Main Street in Califon where there are a few quaint shops and even restaurants.
- Most playgrounds are planned for younger children in mind. The Califon Park is recommended for children ages 5 and up. While there are smaller areas that younger children can play, older children can really let their minds explode with tall slides, challenging monkey bars and unique spider webs placed throughout.
- There are many additional activities outside of the playground for families to enjoy. There is a pavilion for picnics as well as basketball courts and baseball diamonds. The field allows for a great space to run and play. When we visited a flock of geese was also visiting so watch where you step!
What Califon Park offers
- A large playground structure that is perfect for older children to explore, imagine and play.
- A Basketball Court
- Picnic tables & benches
- Spider Webs to Climb and Perch Upon
- Climbing wall & structures
- Multiple Slides
- Traditional swings and baby swings
- Firemen’s Pole
- Baseball Fields
- Path to town
- Porta Potty
What you also should know about Califon Park
- There is ample parking that is free. However, there is no fence from the parking area to the playground.
- There are no structured bathrooms however there is a portable bathroom.
- There is limited play for young children.
- This is a very sunny playground and park. Be prepared with water and sunscreen.
- The park can be challenging to find with no direct address. It is located on Bank Street right near town.
Califon Park, located in Califon, Hunterdon County is located on Bank Street. There is no fee to enjoy the parks or playgrounds.
View more Califon Park Pictures in our Facebook Gallery. Here’s a preview.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.