The Bungalow Hotel, a Long Branch Hotel with Roomy Options for Family Vacations at the Jersey Shore
The Bungalow Hotel is a luxurios lodging option for families or couples getting away for a Jersey Shore vacation. Since 2017, The Bungalow Hotel has hosted Jersey Family Fun mom, Jenn and her boys for stays as part of our Family Travel to the Jersey Shore series.
You might hear boutique trendy and think a hotel like that only caters to adults without kids. You would be wrong. The Bungalow Hotel proved to be a wonderful hotel for families looking for a New Jersey beach vacation. Yes, we’ve stayed at the Bungalow Hotel in the middle of winter, but we still found plenty to do, both at the hotel and around Long Branch.
From our first moments stepping into the Bungalow Hotel in Long Branch, my boys were blown away. They were instantly drawn to the billiards table, and it kept them busy as I checked in. Even after that, I could not get them to budge from the first floor lobby/front desk/bar area. My boys went back and forth between playing pool at the billiards table and soccer at the Foosball table. They hardly noticed the bad weather cabinet stocked with family board games for those days when you just want to stay inside. Nothing has changed. My boys still can’t stay away from that Foosball table.
New this year, is the Bungalounge. Just steps away from the Foosball table and Bungalow Hotel front desk this space is open for guests to enjoy in the evening or for private events. There is stylish seating, unique artwork, and food available for purchase (at select times). An extension of the Bungalow Hotel, Bungalounge serves as the new front door to Pier Village. It’s an impressive, modern 1,500+ square foot space for everything from coffee to co-working, from happy hour to birthday parties. Bungalounge also serves as a new art gallery space intended to elevate the local art community. The space was designed by local designer, artist, and blogger Nicole Cohen, and features a large-scale mural by Lena Hawkins. Every 2-3 months, they will install a new art show on their walls exclusively featuring local artists. Take a look at some of the artwork that was on display during our visit. You can see more in our Facebook gallery here.
Just as in our first visit, I couldn’t have been more impressed with our room. Our complimentary stay at the Bungalow Hotel was in the Kahuna Suite. The Kahuna Suite is one of three spacious option for families staying at the Jersey Shore. Allow me to tell you more about each option.
The Bungalow Hotel offers three lodging options for families with kids vacationing in Long Branch
If you are planning a vacation with kids to Long Branch the Bungalow Hotel is a great option with 3 room styles that can accommodate families quite well. Traveling alone, as a couple, or with kids each of these Bungalow Hotel rooms offer:
- The most amazing oversized soaking tub
- Kitchenette with minifridge
- Table with seating for 4-6 depending on the suite
- Living space with gas fireplace
- TVs in the main space and bedroom space
- Complimentary WIFI
If you are traveling with kids, from babies to teenagers, you can also reserve rollaway beds or cots for your suite. Here’s more about the accommodation options for families at the Bungalow Hotel in Long Branch.
The Bungalow Hotel Lil’ Pipeline Suite
- A corner 1 bed suite of 785 square feet that includes a living room with TV, kitchenette, cafe table, expansive corner window walls, fireplace, powder room, a separate Bedroom with TV, Tivoli Music Box, rain shower and a five-fixture bathroom with an oversized soaking tub. This is the only room with a balcony and outside seating for 2 with a partial ocean view. To see pictures of the Lil’ Pipeline Suite visit here.
The Bungalow Hotel Pipeline Suite
- A corner 2 bed suite of 1,010 square feet including a living room with TV, kitchenette, cafe table, expansive corner window walls, partial ocean views, fireplace, dining table and 6 chairs. The separate master bedroom has a TV, Tivoli Music box, rain shower and a five-fixture bathroom with an oversized soaking tub. There is a 2nd king bed situated in an alcove. To see pictures of the Pipeline Suite visit here.
The Bungalow Hotel Kahuna Suite
- The corner suite, the Kahuna Suite offers 1,170 square feet including a living room with flatscreen tv, kitchenette, cafe table, expansive corner window wall with bay windows, and fireplace. This is where we’ve stayed on both of our visits to the Bungalow Hotel. The separate master bedroom has its own TV, Tivoli Music box, rain shower and a five fixture bathroom with that incredible oversized soaking tub. In the main living area is a second bathroom with a rain shower and a door leading into a second bedroom with TV and Tivoli Music box. To see more pictures visit our Facebook gallery here or the Bungalow Hotel site here.
Video tour of The Bungalow Hotel Kahuna Suite
Can we just talk for a minute about the amazing bedroom in the Kahuna Suite at the Bungalow Hotel, or perhaps drool over it again? If you’ve watched our video tour of the Bungalow Hotel Kahuna Suite in the past, you’ll want to watch again. The room has been given a makeover since our 2017 visit.
With doors that separate the rooms and a quite spacious floor plan between rooms, parents CAN have a romantic getaway with their children in tow. As bedtime approaches, watch a family show together in front of the Apple TV. The kids can get ready for bed in their own bathroom, then after you tuck them in, the adults can cuddle on the couch in front of a warm fireplace before retreating back to the master bedroom.
We continue to be impressed with the style, spaciousness, and comfort the Bungalow Hotel offers families staying at the Jersey Shore. We’re always appreciative of hotels that offer more spacious suites that allow families to be more comfortable during their vacation. Two of my boys shared the luxurious king-sized bed in the second bedroom of our Kahuna Suite, while my teen slept in one of the rollaway beds that fit into the second bedroom.
Book your stay at the Bungalow Hotel with our affiliate link.
Dining in Long Branch
Dining during your stay at the Bungalow Hotel can be just as enjoyable. Take a walk down to The Avenue or any of the restaurants on The Pier. Click here to read about our dining experience at the Avenue, or click here for a listing of Long Branch restaurants at the Jersey Shore.
While staying at the Bungalow Hotel in Long Branch, we also explored these things to do at the Jersey Shore. You can click over to read about Seven Presidents Park, Shark River Park, and the Silverball arcade/pinball museum. On warmer days, take advantage of the beach just 2-3 blocks from the Bungalow Hotel. That’s not all. During the winter months you can also enjoy ice skating the pier, like we did. Get the details here.
You can learn more about the Bunaglow Hotel on their website, bungalowhotel.net. For more help planning your family’s visit to Long Branch, New Jersey and your Jersey Shore family vacation, please visit our series or click over to Eat, Stay, & Play in Long Branch, NJ. (coming soon.)
Take a look at more of our Bungalow Hotel photos in this Facebook album.