This post was sponsored by Breakwater Beach and Casino Pier who provided us with complimentary admission and food vouchers. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about New Jersey Day Trips that we think your family may enjoy.
A Splish-Splashing Good Time
While we have heard all about Breakwater Beach and Casino Pier and we only live about a half-hour away, we had never been there for a visit before as a family. We weren’t sure what to expect for the kids, especially our youngest who is four. I can honestly say that our entire day in Seaside Heights was like a breath of fresh air. The Breakwater Beach waterpark was perfect for our family, with just enough to do to keep us busy without feeling overwhelmed. And heading over afterwards to the boardwalk to go on some rides at Casino Pier was the icing on the cake.
You can easily make a day of it when you visit Breakwater Beach and Casino Pier but you won’t want to. You’ll want to make a weekend of it for sure.
Breakwater Beach is filled with amazing slides, an awesome lazy river, and the best kids splash area we’ve ever seen.
What My Kids Loved About Breakwater Beach:
- The enormous area for kids called “The Perfect Storm“. We have visited quite a few waterparks before and this was by far the largest area for little kids (toddlers to elementary school-aged) that we’ve ever seen. Filled with water slides, sprinklers, and other water features, it was the perfect place for all three of my children to run and splash.
- The Plymouth Rock Hot Tub Springs. Most hot tubs are too hot in temperature for kids. The two hot tubs at Breakwater Beach were the perfect temperature. If we got a little bit cold from the breeze and being wet from the slides, we all took a quick dip in the Hot Tub Springs and warmed right up!
- Patriot’s Plunge. This racing slide had six lanes across and reminded the kids of the bumpy slides you see at most carnivals. The plunge was the FASTEST water slide we’ve ever been on and my kids loved that you go down head-first like Superman.
We worked up an appetite at Breakwater Beach and took a break to have a delicious lunch in the shade.
What I Loved About Breakwater Beach:
- The lifeguards and employees were amazing. There were tons of lifeguards at the waterpark and each one we encountered was amazingly kind and helpful. Keeping track of three kids in a crowded waterpark isn’t easy, and it was a relief to see so many people on duty keeping an eye on the kids as well.
- The food choices are affordable. We visit a lot of waterparks and theme parks. They usually have one thing in common: the food prices are astronomical. Not at Breakwater Beach! The prices for the food were comparable to that of any family restaurant and the food tasted great. Added bonus: tons of clean and shady tables to sit at while you eat.
- There were many shady areas and chairs for taking a break. There’s nothing worse than visiting a waterpark and having nowhere to leave your bag or take a breather from the hot sun. Breakwater Beach had many shady sitting areas available and even on a beautiful day when the waterpark was busy, there was always plenty of places for people to find a seat.
After visiting Breakwater Beach, we were able to use our Ride and Slide passes to go visit the Casino Pier on the boardwalk, just a quick cross of the street away from the waterpark. The boardwalk ride layout was great. No rides were too close together and there were plenty of ride options for kids of all ages. We had a blast on everything from the fun house to the swings. The boardwalk was well-managed and the ride operators were all extremely friendly. It was the perfect ending to a great day in Seaside Heights.
The Casino Pier Search and Rescue team was on the move!
Breakwater Beach and Casino Pier are located at 800 Ocean Terrace in Seaside Heights, NJ 08751. Admission prices and hours vary, please see their website for more information.
For more Breakwater Beach and Casino Pier photos, please visit our Jersey Family Fun Facebook photo album. You can see a preview below.