This post was sponsored by the Bird In Hand Family Inn & Restaurant who provided us with accommodations and some meals. Our visit was arranged by Girls Lunch Out. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about hotels & destinations we think their family may enjoy.
We’re back with our Weekends in Lancaster series with a look at the latest Lancaster family hotel we visited, the Bird-In-Hand Family Inn and Restaurant. What can I say but WOW! This is a hotel that is a destination in itself, with its own fun attractions on the property itself and a restaurant just a few steps from your room.
Let’s start with the fun activities at the Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
Between the activities on the property and the Lancaster family attractions it was non-stop action and fun for my kids.
- Petting zoo (you can purchase food to feed the animals)
- 2 18-Hole Miniature Golf courses (fee to play)
- Complimentary 2-Hour Amish Farmland Tour
- Fitness room
- Game room
- Indoor pools/hot tub
- Outdoor pools
- Picnic pavilion
- Playground (there are chairs for parents to relax in as their children play)
- Pond & walking trail
- Tennis & basketball courts
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn Amenities
- Family Suites & King Rooms (always great to have enough room to spread out)
- Complimentary Wireless Internet
- Two Heated Indoor Pools & Hot Tub (The layout of this was pretty cool. It’s in a main area with billiard and ping-pong tables nearby.)
- Family Restaurant including Smorgasbord and menu dining (It’s great to have a restaurant within walking distance of your room. We’ll tell you more about it later.)
Our Bird-In-Hand Family Inn standard room included:
- 2 King-sized beds
- A Television with cable (There is a booklet in the room with a listing of channels.)
- A bathroom with a standard size tub
Check out our video tour of our Bird in the Hand hotel room
What you should know if you stay at the Bird-In-Hand Family Inn hotel in Lancaster.
- If you plan to check out the playground.
- Some areas, like the wiggling bridge, are more difficult to walk across than others. Other areas have open areas for sliding down fire poles. Walk your kids through the playground first to point out potential dangers.
- The swing set does have a baby swing for the youngest of kids.
- The playground was pretty huge giving kids lots of room to burn off any extra energy they may have.
- Meal planning is easy. Here are some options you can consider.
- Eat in the hotel restaurant, Bird-In-Hand Family Inn & Restaurant (Our review will be available soon.)
- Visit PADutchCountry.com for a list of restaurants within driving distance.
- If you plan to watch the television in your room
- You can watch most standard tv channels and some movies at no extra charge.
- Their standard tv package came with Nickelodeon which was a nice plus.
- If you plan to swim at the pool.
- There are two rectangular-shape inside heated pools with shallow and deep areas. There is also an outdoor pool for the warmer months.
- The hotel does provide towels at the pool.
- The pool is open into the late evening hours allowing you to enjoy Lancaster during the day and the pool after you return to your room.
- If you are traveling with babies or toddlers
- Cribs and rollaways are available by request.
- The Bird In the Hand Family Inn has their own parking lot. There is no charge for parking.
- Room Rates may vary so it’s best to check the Bird in Hand Family Inn site for rates and availability.
To view our pictures from the Bird in the Hand Family Inn visit our Facebook Gallery.
Here are the family attractions in Lancaster we visited and will be telling you more about.