This is not a sponsored post.
Big Heart! A Valentine’s Day Tale
By Joan Holub
About Big Heart! A Valentine’s Day Tale
This adorable and sweet tale takes place in a classroom on Valentine’s Day. The main characters which are ants are creating a big Valentine’s Day card for someone special. With each page turn more glue, glitter, paint and lace are added. The ants try to guess who it is for and have fun remembering how to show love on this special holiday.
Big Heart! A Valentine’s Day Tale is best for children ages 3-5
Why I enjoyed Big Heart! A Valentine’s Day Tale
- This cute story is written in rhyme which makes it fun to read (and listen to). The rhyming words and patterns found on each page make this a book adults will enjoy sharing with their kids.
- Although Big Heart! A Valentine’s Day Tale is a short and simple read that is geared to the beginner reader there is still an important lesson. At times I find the Ready-To-Read books lack lessons but this tale teaches how to show love to others on Valentine’s Day and work as a team to accomplish a goal.
- Bright, colorful illustrations throughout Big Heart! A Valentine’s Day Tale captured my children’s attention. I loved how the Valentine’s Day heart card the ants are creating was the focus of each page. It was fun (even for me) to see how the card changed and became the beautiful masterpiece they gave to that someone special at the end of the story.
Why my kids enjoyed Big Heart! A Valentine’s Day Tale
- My kids enjoyed guessing who the card was for throughout the story. As each ant worked on the card the guessing continued. My kids giggled at the end and were excited to see their guess was correct!
- The Big Heart! A Valentine’s Day Tale illustrations wowed my kids as well. They kept pointing out different additions to the card and noticing the little details on each page. It was fun to notice how the Valentine’s Day theme was interwoven throughout.
- My five-year-old son LOVED being able to read this book on his own. Ready-To-Read leveled readers by Scholastic are a great addition to any home or classroom library. We try to buy him one for each holiday and this Valentine’s Day he received this fun and simple to read tale.
For your own copy of Big Heart! A Valentine’s Day Tale
- Visit your local New Jersey library to borrow a copy.
- Purchase your own at Amazon.
- Purchase your own at Books A Million.
To learn about other great books check out a Story Time at your local library. We list Story Times in New Jersey on our Calendar of Events.
In full disclosure this is not a sponsored post. The links to Amazon and Books A Million are affiliate links. If you make a purchase Jersey Family Fun will receive a small portion of the sale towards our cost of running Jersey Family Fun.