Enjoy our list of the best sledding hills in New Jersey. Updated annually and frequently since 2012 to help you find local sledding hills.
Looking to get out of the house with the kids?
How about a some fun winter fun in New Jersey?
Were you searching for sledding hills near me?
If so, you’ve come to the right place. We’re scouring our state to check out the best places to go sledding in New Jersey you want to know about. So many communities in the Garden State have great hills to enjoy sledding. Check out our listing below to find a great local sledding location near you. This is a work in progress, so keep checking back as we discover more places to enjoy winter fun. If you have one we should add or see one listed that no longer allows sledding, please note it in the comments.
These are the best places to go sledding in New Jersey that we have heard about from readers like you. Readers who have their favorite local sledding hills have commented on this post and our social media articles. However, you should check with your township before heading out to sled for any restrictions or limitations.
Please read below for your county’s name to find our listing of the best places to go sledding in New Jersey and to find local sledding hills.
Best sledding hills in Atlantic County New Jersey
Atlantic County has great places to go sledding in South Jersey.
- The Pit, Behind Frankin Blvd., Absecon
- Egg Harbor Township Police Athletic Club, Egg Harbor Township
- Nature Reserve, Egg Harbor Township
- Manheim Hills, Galloway
Best sledding hills in Bergen County New Jersey
For sledding in Bergen County, check out these great sledding hills in North Jersey.
- Atkins Glen Park (The Sand Pit) Freemont Avenue, Park Ridge
- Borough Hall, New Milford
- Citizens Park, Ridgewood
- Campgaw Mountain, Mahwah – This location offers snow tubing runs, a lift and a modest price of $16 per person.
- Cobblestone Hill, Carlstadt
- Froggy Park, Tenafly
- Bear Mountain, Fort Lee
- Hillside Elementary School, Closter
- Midland School, Paramus
- Mountain Creek, Vernon – Mountain Creek recently added a brand new snow tubing area to its slopes. If you don’t have the equipment you can spend a day using their runs and equipment. There are 25 runs and a lift for tubers (no climbing up the big hill).
- New Milford Town Hall, New Milford
- Northern Valley Regional High School, Demarest
- Ramsey High School, facing Island Avenue, Ramsey
- Ridgefield Park High School, Ridgefield Park
- Samuel Nelkin County Park, Wallington
- TJ Hill/ Thomas Jefferson Middle School, Fair Lawn
- Van Saun County Park, River Edge
- Votee Park, Teaneck
- White Beeches Golf & Country Club, Haworth
Best sledding hills in Burlington County New Jersey
Burlington County has great places to go sledding in South Jersey.
- Golden Pheasant Country Club, Lumberton
- Laurel Acres Park, Mount Laurel
- Memorial Park, Cinnaminson
- Tomlinson Park, Medford
- Stokes Hill, Moorestown
- Millcreek Park, Willingboro
- Steinhauer Hill, Maple Shade
Best sledding hills in Camden County New Jersey
Camden County has lots to offer local families for sledding in South Jersey.
- Audubon Lake Park, Audubon
- Blueberry Hill Trail, Gibbsboro
- Bunker Hill Road, Woodcrest, Cherry Hill
- Fairmont Drive and Johnson Road, Gloucester Township
- Frank Donio Memorial Park, Sicklerville
- Haddonfield Friends and Erlton School Park, Cherry Hill
- Haddonfield Hill, Haddonfield
- Haddon Lake Park, Haddon Heights
- Penn Hill, Pennsauken
Best sledding hills in Cape May County New Jersey
We’ve discovered Cape May County has at least one great place to go sledding in South Jersey.
- Stone Harbor Golf Club, Cape May Court House
Best sledding hills in Cumberland County New Jersey
Cumberland County has two great places to go sledding in South Jersey.
- City Park, Millville
- Union Lake Bluffs, Millville
Best sledding hills in Essex County New Jersey
WOW! Essex County has A LOT of great places to go sledding in North Jersey.
- Branch Brook Park, Newark
- Brookdale Park, Rose Garden Hill, Bloomfield
- Carteret Park, Glen Ridge
- Cedar Hill, Livingston
- Cameron Field, South Orange
- Fisher Field, North Arlington
- Flood’s Hill, Meadowbrook Lane, South Orange
- Francis A. Byrne Golf Course, West Orange
- Hillside School (Hillside Ave.) Livingston
- Jefferson Elementary School, Maplewood
- Leonia Swim Club, Grand Avenue and Moore Street, Leonia
- Lincoln Woods, West Pierrepont Avenue and Carmita Avenue, behind Lincoln School, Rutherford
- Maplewood Memorial Park, Maplewood
- Montclair Public pool, sledding hill across the street, Montclair
- Montclair University, Montclair
- Mountainside Park, supervised sledding from 12pm – 4pm, Montclair
- New Newark Baptist Church, Newark
- Nishuane Park, Montclair
- PIP Park, off North Central Road, Hudson Terrace at Palisades Interstate Parkway, Fort Lee
- Pulaski park, Bloomfield
- Redwood Elementary School, West Orange
- Reinheimer Park, Nutley
- Riker Hill Park, Livingston
- Ridgefield Park Jr./Sr. High School, Ridgefield Park
- South Mountain Reservation, along Brookside Drive, West Orange/Millburn
- Verona Park, Verona
Best sledding hills in Gloucester County New Jersey
Gloucester County has these great places to go sledding in South Jersey.
- Chestnut Branch Park, Mantua Township
- St. Patrick’s Elementary School, Woodbury
- Turnersville Automall, hill with drainage ditch at bottom, Turnersville
Best sledding hills in Hudson County New Jersey
Here are a few places in Hudson County with great places to go sledding in North Jersey.
- Bayonne County Park, Bayonne
- Braddock Park, North Bergen
- Bunny Hill, Kearny
- Veterans Memorial Field, Kearny
Best sledding hills in Hunterdon County New Jersey
In the middle of the state, Hunterdon County has great places to go sledding in Central Jersey.
- Cold Brook Reserve, Tewksbury
- Hoffman Park, Hampton, Union Township
- Musconetcong Gorge Perserve, Bethlehem
- The Sledding Hill at Tuccamirigan Park, Flemington
- Old Belle Mountain Ski Area, Lambertville
- Round Valley Recreation Area, Annandale
- Spruce Run Elementary School, Annandale/Clinton
- Tower Hill Park, Bethlehem
- Voorhees State Park, Glenn Gardner
Best sledding hills in Mercer County New Jersey
Mercer County has a few great places to go sledding in Central Jersey.
- Banchoff Park, Ewing
- Hamilton Public Library, hill behind, Hamilton
- Rosedale Park, Lawrence
- Springdale Golf Course, Princeton
- Veterans Park, Hamilton
- Mcgills Hill in Washington Crossings Park
Best sledding hills in Middlesex County New Jersey
Make a visit to Middlesex County for these great places to go sledding in Central Jersey.
- Buccleuch Park Between the Raritan River and Easton Avenue, New Brunswick
- Donaldson Park, Highland Park
- Home Depot, Rt 9, Old Bridge
- East Brunswick High School, East Brunswick
- Jamesburg Park, East Brunswick
- Red Barn Hill, New Brunswick
- Roosevelt County Park, Edison
- Ethel Eoad, Edison
- Watchung Circle, Edison
- Samsel Upper Elementary School, Sayreville
- Thompson Park, Jamesburg, Monroe Township
- Woodlot Park, South Brunswick/Kendall Park
Best sledding hills in Monmouth County New Jersey
Monmouth County has great places to go sledding in Central Jersey.
- Atlantic Highlands Elementary School, Atlantic Highlands
- Beacon Hill Golf Course, Middletown
- Cheesequake State Park, sledding permitted adjacent to the Hooks Creek Lake parking area, Matawan
- Glennwood Cemetery/Aldi, West Long Branch
- Holmdel Park, Park hours are from 8am-7pm, Sunday – Thursday, and 8am-9pm Friday – Saturday, Holmdel
- Howell Public Library, Howell
- Monmouth Battlefield State Park, Open daily from 8 am to 4:30 pm, Manalapan
- Oak Glenn Park, Howell
- PNC Bank Arts Center/Telegraph Hill Park, Holmdel
- Tower Hill, Red Bank
- West Park, Rumson
- Wolf Hill Recreation Area, Oceanport
Best sledding hills in Morris County New Jersey
Look at all the Morris County sledding hills for great places to go sledding in North Jersey.
- Brundage Park, Carrell Road, Randolph
- Buck Hill Tract, Cherry Lane & Hardscrabble Rd, Mendham
- Central School, Stirling
- Chester Grove St. Park, Chester
- Chubb Park, Chester Township
- Gillette School, Valley Rd., Gillette
- Greenview Park, Pequannock
- Hacklebarney State Park, Posted areas open 8am-4:30pm, Long Valley
- Highland Ridge Park, Chester Township
- Hopatcong State Park Landing
- Jacob Park, Morristown
- Jockey Hollow, Designated areas dictated by Visitors Park open 8am-5pm, Morristown
- Knoll Country Club, Parsippany
- Lewis Morris County Park, Sledding permitted from Mendham overlook to Doe Meadow ballfield, Harding/Mendham/Morristown
- Mountain Way Park, Morris Plains
- Robert Street Park, Wharton
- Top of the World Park, Green Brook
- Schooley’s Mountain Park, 91 East Springtown Road, Washington Township, NJ
This location also has the ability to support other winter activities.
- Telecordia Property, behind the white barn on North Road, Chester
- Tourne County Park, a portion of the park road is designated as an official sledding hill, Boonton area.
- Tower Hill Sled Run, Mountain Lakes
- Villa Walsh Academy, Morristown
- Village Green Apartment Complex Golf Course- Budd Lake
Best sledding hills in Ocean County New Jersey
Ocean County has great places to go sledding in South Jersey.
- 60 Acre Park, Jackson
- Beaver Dam Hill, Intersection of Route 88, Point Pleasant
- Frenchies Pit, Little Egg Harbor Township
- Ocean County Park, Lakewood
- Old Stone Store, Manahawkin
- Winward Beach Park, Brick
Best sledding hills in Passaic County New Jersey
Lots of great places to go sledding in North Jersey, Passaic County.
- Bubbling Springs Park, West Milford
- Clove Road, between Clove and Long Hill Road, Little Falls
- Eastside park, Paterson
- Fallon Elementary School, Wayne
- Garett Mountain, Clifton
- Gofffle Brook Park, Hawthorne
- Nash Park, Clifton
- Packanack Golf Course, just outside of Osborne Terrace and Lake Drive West, Wayne
- Ringwood State Park, Ringwood
- Westside Park, behind Kennedy High School, Paterson
- William Patterson University, Paterson
- Zelenka Park, Clifton
Best sledding hills in Salem County New Jersey
Salem County has at least one great place to go sledding in South Jersey.
- Fort Mott State Park, Pennsville
Best sledding hills in Somerset County New Jersey
Check out how Somerset County has great places to go sledding in North Jersey.
- Bayberry School, Watchung
- Central School, Mt. Bethel Road, Warren
- Chimney Rock Park, Martinsville
- Duke Island Park, Bridgewater
- Greenwood Meadows Park, Warren
- Hillside School, Bridgewater
- Mt. Horeb School, Warren
- Phillips Field, Brookdale
- Somerset County Vo-Tech High School, Bridgewater
- Valley View School, Watchung
- Village School, on Burnt Hill Road, Montgomery Township
- Warren Township Municipal, Warren
- Watchung Hills Regional High School, Watchung
- Watchung Lake, Watchung
Best sledding hills in Sussex County New Jersey
Sussex County has a couple great places to go sledding in North Jersey.
- Andover Park, Andover
- High Point State Park, Wantage
- Hopatcong State Park, Montague
- Highpoint State Park, 1480 Rt. 23, Sussex, NJ – Some great hills for sledding. However the roads leading into the park can be hazardous so this location is best to try when the roads have been totally cleared of snow.
- Sussex County Community College, Newton
- Swartswood State Park, Stillwater Township.
Best sledding hills in Union County New Jersey
Union County has several great places to go sledding in North Jersey.
- Briant Park, Summit
- Cranford High School’s Memorial Field, Myrtle Avenue, Cranford
- Echo Lake Park, at the Summer Arts Hill near Springfield Avenue, Westfield
- Galloping Hill Golf Course, Kenilworth
- Hillside High School, field across the street on Liberty Avenue, Hillside
- Hughes School, Berkeley Heights
- Lenape Park areas that are not close to waterways, Cranford
- Kramer Manor Park, Scotch Plains
- Lucent Hill, New Providence
- Meisel Park, Springfield
- The Pit Ball Field, Lupine Way by Malvern Drive,a small hill perfect for toddlers, Clark
- Raritan Road hill just past the Parkway overpass by International House of Prayer, Cranford
- Scotch Hills Golf Course, keep away from greens, Scotch Plains
- Behind Tamaques School, Westfield
- Unami Park, Garwood
- West Nine Golf Course, Plainfield
- Click here for the county policy on sledding in county parks
Best sledding hills in Warren County New Jersey
Warren County has a few great places to go sledding in North Jersey.
- Allamuchy Mountain State Park, Hackettstown
- Meadow Breeze Park, Washington
- Target, hill behind the strip mall, Phillipsburg
We hope you’ve enjoyed our listing of the best places to go sledding in New Jersey. Which one is your favorite?
Don’t have a sled?
Still want to enjoy one of these great sledding locations?
Visit our friend, Stephanie over at Confessions of a Stay at Home Mom for some alternative ways to create a sled from things you probably already have at home.