Enjoy our list of the best sledding hills in New Jersey. Updated annually and frequently since 2012 to help you find local sledding hills.
Looking to get out of the house with the kids to go sledding in New Jersey?
Were you searching for sledding hills near me?
If so, you’ve come to the right place. We’re scouring our state to check out the best places to go sledding in New Jersey you want to know about. So many communities in the Garden State have great hills to enjoy sledding.
Check out our listing below to find a great local sledding location near you. This is a work in progress. Keep checking back as we discover more places to enjoy winter fun. If you have one we should add or see one listed that no longer allows sledding, please note it in the comments.
These are the best places to go sledding in New Jersey that we have heard about from readers like you. Readers who have their favorite local sledding hills have commented on this post and our social media articles. However, you should check with your township before heading out to sled for any restrictions or limitations.
The Best Places to Go Sledding in New Jersey
Please read below for your county’s name to find our listing of the best places to go sledding in New Jersey and to find local sledding hills.
Best sledding hills in Atlantic County New Jersey
Atlantic County has great places to go sledding in South Jersey.
Sledding in Absecon
- The Pit, Behind Franklin Boulevard, Absecon
Sledding in Egg Harbor Township
- Egg Harbor Township Police Athletic Club, Egg Harbor Township
- Nature Reserve, Egg Harbor Township
Sledding in Galloway
- Manheim Hills, Galloway
Best sledding hills in Bergen County New Jersey
For sledding in Bergen County NJ, check out these great sledding hills in North Jersey.
Sledding in Closter
- Hillside Elementary School, Closter
Sledding in Carlstadt
- Cobblestone Hill, Carlstadt
Sledding in Demarest
- Northern Valley Regional High School, Demarest
Sledding in Fair Lawn
- TJ Hill/ Thomas Jefferson Middle School, Fair Lawn
Sledding in Fort Lee
- Bear Mountain, Fort Lee
- PIP Park, off North Central Road, Hudson Terrace at Palisades Interstate Parkway, Fort Lee
Sledding in Haworth
- White Beeches Golf & Country Club, Haworth
Sledding in Leonia
- Leonia Swim Club, Grand Avenue and Moore Street, Leonia
Sledding in Mahwah
- Campgaw Mountain, Mahwah – This location offers snow tubing runs and a lift
Sledding in New Milford
- Borough Hall, New Milford
- New Milford Town Hall, New Milford
Sledding in Paramus
- Midland School, Paramus
Sledding in Park Ridge
- Atkins Glen Park (The Sand Pit) Freemont Avenue, Park Ridge
Sledding in Ramsey
- Ramsey High School, facing Island Avenue, Ramsey
Sledding in Ridgefield Park
- Ridgefield Park High School, Ridgefield Park
Sledding in Ridgewood
- Citizens Park, Ridgewood
Sledding in River Edge
- Van Saun County Park, River Edge
Sledding in Rutherford
- Lincoln Woods, West Pierrepont Avenue and Carmita Avenue, behind Lincoln School, Rutherford
Sledding in Teaneck
- Votee Park, Teaneck
Sledding in Tenafly
- Froggy Park, Tenafly
Sledding in Wallington
- Samuel Nelkin County Park, Wallington
Best sledding hills in Burlington County New Jersey
Burlington County has great places to go sledding in South Jersey.
Sledding in Cinnaminson
- Memorial Park, Cinnaminson
Sledding in Lumberton
- Golden Pheasant Country Club, Lumberton
Sledding in Maple Shade
- Steinhauer Hill, Maple Shade
Sledding in Medford
- Tomlinson Park, Medford
Sledding in Moorestown
- Stokes Hill, Moorestown
Sledding in Mount Laurel
- Laurel Acres Park, Mount Laurel
Sledding in Willingboro
- Millcreek Park, Willingboro
Best sledding hills in Camden County New Jersey
Camden County has lots to offer local families for sledding in South Jersey.
Sledding in Audubon
- Audubon Lake Park, Audubon
Sledding in Cherry Hill
- Bunker Hill Road, Woodcrest, Cherry Hill
- Haddonfield Friends and Erlton School Park, Cherry Hill
Sledding in Gibbsboro
- Blueberry Hill Trail, Gibbsboro
Sledding in Gloucester Township
- Fairmont Drive and Johnson Road, Gloucester Township
Sledding in Haddonfield
- Haddonfield Hill, Haddonfield
Sledding in Haddon Heights
- Haddon Lake Park, Haddon Heights
Sledding in Pennsauken
- Penn Hill, Pennsauken
Sledding in Sicklerville
- Frank Donio Memorial Park, Sicklerville
Best sledding hills in Cape May County New Jersey
We’ve discovered Cape May County has at least one great place to go sledding in South Jersey.
Sledding in Cape May Court House
- Stone Harbor Golf Club, Cape May Court House
Best sledding hills in Cumberland County New Jersey
Cumberland County has two great places to go sledding in South Jersey.
Sledding in Millville, NJ
- City Park, Millville
- Union Lake Bluffs, Millville
Best sledding hills in Essex County New Jersey
WOW! Essex County has A LOT of great places to go sledding in North Jersey.
Sledding in Bloomfield
- Brookdale Park, Rose Garden Hill, Bloomfield
- Pulaski park, Bloomfield
Sledding in Glen Ridge
- Carteret Park, Glen Ridge
Sledding in Livingston
- Riker Hill Park, Livingston
- Hillside School (Hillside Ave.) Livingston
- Cedar Hill, Livingston
Sledding in Maplewood
- Jefferson Elementary School, Maplewood
- Maplewood Memorial Park, Maplewood
Sledding in Montclair
- Nishuane Park, Montclair
- Montclair Public pool, sledding hill across the street, Montclair
- Montclair University, Montclair
- Mountainside Park, supervised sledding from 12 pm – 4 pm, Montclair
Sledding in Newark
- New Newark Baptist Church, Newark
- Branch Brook Park, Newark
Sledding in North Arlington
- Fisher Field, North Arlington
Sledding in Nutley
- Reinheimer Park, Nutley
Sledding in South Orange
- Flood’s Hill, Meadowbrook Lane, South Orange
- Cameron Field, South Orange
Sledding in Verona
- Verona Park, Verona
Sledding in West Orange
- South Mountain Reservation, along Brookside Drive, West Orange/Millburn
- Redwood Elementary School, West Orange
- Francis A. Byrne Golf Course, West Orange
Best sledding hills in Gloucester County New Jersey
Gloucester County has these great places to go sledding in South Jersey.
- Chestnut Branch Park, Mantua Township
- St. Patrick’s Elementary School, Woodbury
- Turnersville Automall, hill with drainage ditch at bottom, Turnersville
Best sledding hills in Hudson County New Jersey
Here are a few places in Hudson County with great places to go sledding in North Jersey.
- Bayonne County Park, Bayonne
- Braddock Park, North Bergen
- Bunny Hill, Kearny
- Veterans Memorial Field, Kearny
Best sledding hills in Hunterdon County New Jersey
In the middle of the state, Hunterdon County has great places to go sledding in Central Jersey.
- Cold Brook Reserve, Tewksbury
- Hoffman Park, Hampton, Union Township
- Musconetcong Gorge Perserve, Bethlehem
- The Sledding Hill at Tuccamirigan Park, Flemington
- Old Belle Mountain Ski Area, Lambertville
- Round Valley Recreation Area, Annandale
- Spruce Run Elementary School, Annandale/Clinton
- Tower Hill Park, Bethlehem
- Voorhees State Park, Glen Gardner
Best sledding hills in Mercer County New Jersey
Mercer County has a few great places to go sledding in Central Jersey.
- Banchoff Park, Ewing
- Hamilton Public Library, hill behind, Hamilton
- Rosedale Park, Lawrence
- Springdale Golf Course, Princeton
- Veterans Park, Hamilton
- Mcgills Hill in Washington Crossings Park
Best sledding hills in Middlesex County New Jersey
Make a visit to Middlesex County for these great places to go sledding in Central Jersey.
- Buccleuch Park Between the Raritan River and Easton Avenue, New Brunswick
- Donaldson Park, Highland Park
- Home Depot, Rt 9, Old Bridge
- East Brunswick High School, East Brunswick
- Jamesburg Park, East Brunswick
- Red Barn Hill, New Brunswick
- Roosevelt County Park, Edison
- Ethel Eoad, Edison
- Watchung Circle, Edison
- Samsel Upper Elementary School, Sayreville
- Thompson Park, Jamesburg, Monroe Township
- Woodlot Park, South Brunswick/Kendall Park
Best sledding hills in Monmouth County New Jersey
Monmouth County has great places to go sledding in Central Jersey. For the most up-to-date winter activity information for the Monmouth County Park System, be sure to visit https://www.monmouthcountyparks.com/page.aspx?ID=3267. Not all locations below are part of the park system.
Sledding in Highlands
- Highlands Elementary School, Highlands
Sledding in Holmdel
- Holmdel Park, Park hours are from 8am-7pm, Sunday – Thursday, and 8am-9pm Friday – Saturday, Holmdel
- From the Monmouth County Park System Facebook page on December 16, 2020, “PLEASE NOTE: Due to current limits on the size of outdoor gatherings, the Holmdel Park sled hill will not open through at least the end of December 2020. The sled hill status will be revisited as the extent of the restrictions change.”
- PNC Bank Arts Center/Telegraph Hill Park, Holmdel
Sledding in Howell
- Howell Public Library, Howell
- Oak Glenn Park, Howell
Sledding in Matawan
- Cheesequake State Park, sledding permitted adjacent to the Hooks Creek Lake parking area, Matawan
Sledding in Manalapan
- Monmouth Battlefield State Park, Open daily from 8 am to 4:30 pm, Manalapan
Sledding in Middletown
- Beacon Hill Golf Course, Middletown
Sledding in Oceanport
- Wolf Hill Recreation Area, Oceanport
- Due to current limits on the size of outdoor gatherings, the Wolf Hill Recreation area sled hill will not open through at least the end of December 2020. The sled hill status will be revisited as the extent of the restrictions change.
Sledding in Red Bank
- Tower Hill, Red Bank
Sledding in Rumson
- West Park, Rumson
Sledding in West Long Branch
- Glennwood Cemetery/Aldi, West Long Branch
Best sledding hills in Morris County New Jersey
Look at all the Morris County sledding hills for great places to go sledding in North Jersey.
- Brundage Park, Carrell Road, Randolph
- Buck Hill Tract, Cherry Lane & Hardscrabble Rd, Mendham
- Central School, Stirling
- Chester Grove St. Park, Chester
- Chubb Park, Chester Township
- Gillette School, Valley Rd., Gillette
- Greenview Park, Pequannock
- Hacklebarney State Park, Posted areas open 8am-4:30pm, Long Valley
- Highland Ridge Park, Chester Township
- Hopatcong State Park Landing
- Jacob Park, Morristown
- Jockey Hollow, Designated areas dictated by Visitors Park open 8am-5pm, Morristown
- Knoll Country Club, Parsippany
- Lewis Morris County Park, Sledding permitted from Mendham overlook to Doe Meadow ballfield, Harding/Mendham/Morristown
- Mountain Way Park, Morris Plains
- Robert Street Park, Wharton
- Schooley’s Mountain Park, 91 East Springtown Road, Washington Township, This location also has the ability to support other winter activities.
- Telecordia Property, behind the white barn on North Road, Chester
- Tourne County Park, a portion of the park road is designated as an official sledding hill, Boonton area.
- Tower Hill Sled Run, Mountain Lakes
- Villa Walsh Academy, Morristown
- Village Green Apartment Complex Golf Course, Budd Lake
Best sledding hills in Ocean County New Jersey
Ocean County has great places to go sledding in South Jersey.
- 60 Acre Park, Jackson
- Beaver Dam Hill, Intersection of Route 88, Point Pleasant
Frenchies Pit, Little Egg Harbor Township
- We have recently learned Frenchies Pit is private property and no trespassing is permitted.
- Ocean County Park, Lakewood
- Old Stone Store, Manahawkin
- Windward Beach Park, Brick
Best sledding hills in Passaic County New Jersey
Lots of great places to go sledding in North Jersey, Passaic County.
- Bubbling Springs Park, West Milford
- Clove Road, between Clove and Long Hill Road, Little Falls
- Eastside Park, Paterson
- Fallon Elementary School, Wayne
- Garett Mountain, Clifton
- Gofffle Brook Park, Hawthorne
- Nash Park, Clifton
- Packanack Golf Course, just outside of Osborne Terrace and Lake Drive West, Wayne
- Ringwood State Park, Ringwood
- Westside Park, behind Kennedy High School, Paterson
- William Patterson University, Paterson
- Zelenka Park, Clifton
Best sledding hills in Salem County New Jersey
Salem County has at least one great place to go sledding in South Jersey.
Sledding in Pennsville
- Fort Mott State Park, Pennsville
Best sledding hills in Somerset County New Jersey
Check out where Somerset County has great places to go sledding in North Jersey.
- Bayberry School, Watchung
- Central School, Mt. Bethel Road, Warren
- Chimney Rock Park, Martinsville
- Duke Island Park, Bridgewater
- Greenwood Meadows Park, Warren
- Hillside School, Bridgewater
- Mt. Horeb School, Warren
- Phillips Field, Brookdale
- Somerset County Vo-Tech High School, Bridgewater
- Top of the World Park, Green Brook
- Valley View School, Watchung
- Village School, on Burnt Hill Road, Montgomery Township
- Warren Township Municipal, Warren
- Watchung Hills Regional High School, Watchung
- Watchung Lake, Watchung
Best sledding hills in Sussex County New Jersey
Sussex County has a couple great places to go sledding in North Jersey.
- Andover Park, Andover
- High Point State Park, Wantage
- Hopatcong State Park, Montague
- Highpoint State Park, 1480 Rt. 23, Sussex, NJ – Some great hills for sledding. However the roads leading into the park can be hazardous so this location is best to try when the roads have been totally cleared of snow.
- Mountain Creek, Vernon – Mountain Creek recently added a brand new snow tubing area to its slopes. If you don’t have the equipment you can spend a day using their runs and equipment. There are 25 runs and a lift for tubers (no climbing up the big hill).
- Sussex County Community College, Newton
- Swartswood State Park, Stillwater Township
Best sledding hills in Union County New Jersey
Union County has several great places to go sledding in North Jersey.
Click here for the county policy on sledding in county parks.
Sledding in Berkeley Heights
- Hughes School, Berkeley Heights
Sledding in Clark
- The Pit Ball Field, Lupine Way by Malvern Drive,a small hill perfect for toddlers, Clark
Sledding in Cranford
- Cranford High School’s Memorial Field, Myrtle Avenue, Cranford
- Lenape Park areas that are not close to waterways, Cranford
- Raritan Road hill just past the Parkway overpass by International House of Prayer, Cranford
Sledding in Garwood
- Unami Park, Garwood
Sledding in Hillside
- Hillside High School, field across the street on Liberty Avenue, Hillside
Sledding in Kenilworth
- Galloping Hill Golf Course, Kenilworth
Sledding in New Providence
- Lucent Hill, New Providence
Sledding in Plainfield
- West Nine Golf Course, Plainfield
Sledding in Scotch Plains
- Kramer Manor Park, Scotch Plains
- Scotch Hills Golf Course, keep away from greens, Scotch Plains
Sledding in Springfield
- Meisel Park, Springfield
Sledding in Summit
- Briant Park, Summit
Sledding in Westfield
- Echo Lake Park, at the Summer Arts Hill near Springfield Avenue, Westfield
- Behind Tamaques School, Westfield
Best sledding hills in Warren County New Jersey
Warren County has a few great places to go sledding in North Jersey.
Sledding in Hackettsown
- Allamuchy Mountain State Park, Hackettstown
Sledding in Phillipsburg
- Target, hill behind the strip mall, Phillipsburg
Sledding in Washington Borough
- Meadow Breeze Park, Washington
We hope you’ve enjoyed our listing of the best places to go sledding in New Jersey. Which one is your favorite?
Don’t have a sled?
Still want to enjoy one of these great sledding locations?
Visit our friend, Stephanie over at Confessions of a Stay at Home Mom for some alternative ways to create a sled from things you probably already have at home.
Then, head over to these Amazon affiliate links and pick up a sled so you’ll be ready for the next snow day. We participate in the Amazon affiliate program. If you make a purchase using our links we earn a small commission.