Berry Lane Park – Hudson County Parks & Playgrounds
3 Reasons my Family Loves Berry Lane Park
- This park is new, clean, and has brought a safe place to play to a previously abandoned/industrial area. Urban playgrounds can be very different than suburban playgrounds because there’s less space to utilize, and Berry Lane Park is a good example of how you can have fun in a contained area!
- There’s a large, flat section of the park that on hot days, is the spray ground! Sprinklers come up from the concrete, so the space is flat enough for walking through/riding through even when the sprinklers aren’t on – a great mixed use of space. Picnic tables are nearby for parents to watch, not get wet!
- The playground at Berry Lane Park is very mixed use! There are ropes climbs, hand swings, regular swings, slides and more. All shaded under umbrellas for those hot days! The surface is soft floor, not chips or rubber pieces. Past the age of playing on a playground? There’s a fitness course area that offers machines for workouts – squat press, stepper and more.
What Berry Lane Park offers:
- On street parking
- Plenty of benches
- Bike Racks
- Soccer/Football Turf Field
- Baseball field
- Bike Path
- Dog Run
- Fitness Course
- Tennis Court
- Basketball Courts
- Food trucks/food vendors nearby
Berry Lane Park is located between Garfield Avenue and Woodward Street in Jersey City in Hudson County. You can learn more about the park at their website http://berrylanepark.org.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.
See more Berry Lane Park photos in our Facebook Gallery. Here’s a preview.