Bear Stays Up For Christmas
By Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman
About Bear Stays Up For Christmas
Bear has settled in to hibernate for the winter but his friends arrive on Christmas Eve and wake him up so that he does not miss the holiday fun. Bear and his friends prepare for Christmas by hanging stockings and singing Christmas carols. After his friends fall asleep Bear stays up and makes presents while a visitor fills the animals stockings.
Children who are familiar with the other Bear books by Wilson and Chapman will remember the characters.
Bear Stays Up For Christmas is best for children ages 2 -8
Why I enjoyed Bear Stays Up For Christmas
- The book is easy to read and follows the same repeating pattern of other Bear books
- The pictures are beautiful. They perfectly capture the animals’ Christmas.
- It is a warm friendly story that focuses on being with friends at the holiday, rather than on presents.
Why my kids enjoyed Bear Stays Up For Christmas
- We have read several other Bear stories and my son loved seeing these familiar characters celebrate Christmas.
- Santa appears in the background of one of the pictures, my son loves pointing him out each time we read it.
- When Bear prepares for Christmas my son likes to point out all the different gifts he has made for friends.
For your own copy of Bear Stays Up For Christmas
- Visit your local New Jersey library to borrow a copy.
- Purchase your own at Amazon. Click on the ad to the right to locate the book.
To learn about other great books check out a Story Time at your local library. We list Story Times in New Jersey on our Calendar of Events.